View Single Post
Old 02-15-2014, 03:03 PM
Slow Typist
simplyconnected is on a distinguished road

Of course not, Doug. A Corvette is a Corvette, unlike every other domestic car. But, adding a stiff sway bar(s) will keep any car very flat around corners without otherwise altering the ride.

I think Squarebirds came with a 3/4" (or so) front sway bar. My Mustang has a way-bigger diameter than that. What size did you buy from Kanter?

Rear sway bars help a lot, too. If your car doesn't have a rear sway bar I hope you will get one for the coming season.

Rear sways are lacking in their mounting. Many bar manufacturers leave that up to the installer with very little help. My cousin's '57 Chevy has a rear sway mounted with soft threaded rod and it flexes! I noticed one day when the car was in the air, that the rods were bent.

There is no excuse for poor mounting. Companies like offer heims rods for steering at very reasonable prices. Here's a 1/2"-20 beefy one for six bucks:

Want a jam nut? Use one of those old lug nuts you have laying around. You can weld it to a pipe if you need extra length. - Dave
My latest project:
CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
--Lee Iacocca