X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jackbird60
    Experienced
    • Nov 28 2008

Fender Ornament 60 Bird

Boy, Not My Day. The Fender Ornament Cracked Off.

How Do You Get At This To Replace It. Through The Headlight Bracket??

Jack
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Fender Ornament 60 Bird

Hi Jack,

Hey! Stop touching the car! You are not supposed to be leaning all over it! I am sorry to hear that one of your gun sights broke off. The best way to get to it is through the headlight area. Yup, you are gonna have to take out the head light to get to the two nuts or those speedo type that hold it in place. Unless someone knows a better way. That is how they took mine off and will put mine on. With the headlights out of the hole. If just the gun sight broke off I don't know if you are going to be able to get just it. You might have to order the base and the gun sight. Unless Bob, at Bob's Bird House, Don at Bird Nest, or Carl ~ partsetal, or someone else has just the '60 gunsight they can sell you.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• kuusamon
      Experienced
      • Feb 14 2009

sometimes you find them on ebay not expensive usually.
      Same question I have but them about the fender mounted mirrors, how to get to them the easy way in order to remove them?

about the fender ornaments, anybody ever had the idea to drill a tiny hole in it to fit a led light that can come on when the headlights turn on? I have to take the ornament apart anyway because in between the plastic/glass where the bird is, some dirt/mold is in there that I want to remove. Is there an easy way to to that?
      regards,
      sigpicGreets,
      Ronald
      Kuusamo
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

Go right up from the bottom. Plenty of extensions on a 1/4 in" drive.

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

Just lie on a creeper with a flashlight and a ratchet with several extensions. Get a helper to hold the ornament from above so it isnt wiggling all over the place while you're wrenching. the nuts are either 3/8 or 7/16
          http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• jackbird60
            Experienced
            • Nov 28 2008

Hey Thanks Guys, That Really Helps. Iwas Dreading The Idea Of Removing The Headlight Bucket Etc.

So, This Is Similiar To The 66 I Have With The Turning Signal . Long Ext Etc.

Jack

Comment

I never looked at my 66 but i will when i put the bumper back on.

Comment

• jackbird60
                Experienced
                • Nov 28 2008

Been There Done That, So,,,

I Did The 66 I Know. Both Of Them Because I Took Them Off When I Painted The Car. You Have To Go Under The Wheel Well (don't Jack The Car Up) Crawl In Head First On The Ground, And Use A Long Extension On Your 3/8 Drive. ( I Think I Used Like 3 Extensions) Helps If You Have Long Arms.

As Said Below, It Would Be Nice If Someone Held The Turn Signal While You Took It Off And Put It On.

Jack

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎