X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

$100,000 66 Bird

This is a nice car, but at $100K Aussie thats $73K USD.....a bit over the top!

Get the best deal for products in Motors from the largest online selection at eBay.com.au | Browse our daily deals for even more savings! | Free delivery and free returns on eBay Plus items!
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405
  • scumdog
    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

There's always some optomist - sadly it makes those with ratty cars think they're now worth at least something...

Also never realised there was a roadster kit for '66 T-birds?
    Last edited by scumdog; January 11, 2009, 11:15 PM.
    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

$1000,000 66 Bird

Yup, there is a tonneau or roadster kit for the '66 Tbird. One of the members of So. Texas Tbird Club has one on his beautiful red '66. What a great looking Tbird that one is! I think that roadster kit can be made to fit any '58-'66 Tbird convertible...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• tbird430
        Super-Experienced
        • Jun 18 2007

I actually don't like the wide whites on that body style. IMO, the correct 1" white walls would look MUCH better....

Just my opinion though.
        -Jon
        sigpic
        The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Penelope
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 4 2008

I tend to agree with you there Jon, its just the wrong style for wide whites. Not surprisingly the car hasnt been sold as yet. I will be down where the car is shortly so will go and have a look at it to see just why they think it is worth so much.
          sigpicBill
          Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• fomoco59
            Super-Experienced
            • Jun 10 2005

This was my '65, with aftermarket tonneau, wires and 1+" white walls. Sold for a mere $12k in 2000. Someone in Philadelphia got a nice car.

sigpic
            Mike Lemmon
            '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• SandyBoy
              Super-Experienced
              • Oct 31 2002

There is a 100% identical car that comes yearly to the Summer car show
              in my town. I think it's this car, even though I am in USA in New Jersey/ Sme wheels with a Cadillac center disc. Same Color w/Tonneau, same condition, I am sure it's this car. I will find out for sure in May-June.

PS - Yes the one here also has the wide WW tires on it. BINGO ! It's nicer that the pictuure make it look.
              Last edited by SandyBoy; January 15, 2009, 11:59 AM.

Comment

• fomoco59
                Super-Experienced
                • Jun 10 2005

CADILLAC Centers !!?? Blasphemy... not on my (old) car. They were black Thunderbird centers.
                Yeah, have another look.
                sigpic
                Mike Lemmon
                '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• SandyBoy
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

Etc & etc.

I didn't see the group of little pics, before now. I looked. I am sure it's THAT car. If not, it's an identical one, but with the Tonneau...on a 1966? The tonneau has that black strip on it, too. I could be wrong on the wheel centers, as there were several 1964-1966 T-Bird 'Verts there, like 4 to 6 of them. One of the Convets had the correct wire wheels burt with a black background and a Caddy crest in the center. Not trusting memory as to which car it was - I think it was the Tahoe
                  Turq. one, though. He comes every year. I also beleive it has New Jersey Dealer plates on it. I was extremely beautiful and perfect. I will find out, come May or june. I recall that she also had factory A/C.

I really loved those 1966s with the ultra rare tonneau! Didn't care what color a car was, as lone as it had those wires & tonneau.There is also a BLACK one that SOMETIMES shows up. Red interior, standard full wheel disks, NO tonneau. It's excellent, but not perfection.I liked the recent T-Birds from 3 years ago, but seemingly nobody else did. They sold very very very few, here in New Jersey. Even today when you see one, it's an EVENT ! Neither I, nor my late parents, nor cousins ever owned one. We were all MOTHER MOPAR buyers, mostly Imperials. My Dad was a 1/3rd owner of a ICP store (Imperial-Chrysler-Plymouth) and e'one in the family went there to buy cars. They were all mostly Doctors & Lawyers, judges and business owners and bought Imps. I worked there. It was a good business. Small in town family run store, with a cap on expenses. AAA service, no funny business, and fair treatment for all. I miss it. Store closed in 1978. I ordered & bought the last Imp we got in. In a weak moment or dumbness I sold it in 1986 for a Mark 6. and them s Mark 8 and then a Cadillac Fleetwood Sixty Special in 1993 and now a 2003 Town Car. In the intrim Chrysler has gone down the tubes! Only the Charger SRT-8 has any pizzaz to it.

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎