X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Yellowbird Is Singing Tonight

Yellowbird (Leonard Wheeler) called me tonight. He was a kid in a candy store. Leonard has been feverishly working on restoring his Squarebird.

One by one, he corrected the previous owner's poor workmanship until everything works properly, now (wires were spliced with wire nuts under the dash). Aftermarket gauges were installed with no regard for existing wiring. Eg: He corrected a problem where two temp gauges were connected to the same engine sending unit. The list goes on.

The reason Leonard called was, he wanted me to check my email for a quick video he made with his phone:
    CLICK HERE
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

• jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Glad to see that he's making progress. I spoke to him a few times awhile back when he was trying to get his dash pad fitted.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Leonard has done quite a bit. In addition to his dash pad, he did his freeze plugs, installed a new ABS fan shroud, got his stop, tail and trunk lights going, dome light and dash lights going, retrofit his radio (looks stock but now plays AM/FM/MP3 stereo), completely restored his dash (including gauges and clock), and much more. He's been working hard and now things are starting to pay off. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Congratulations, Leonard! That is great news! I tried to play the video clip but it would not play. It said the file was corrupted..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
          ... I tried to play the video clip but it would not play. It said the file was corrupted..
          It plays just fine in Internet Explorer. It doesn't do well in Chrome; the sound plays but the picture isn't there.

Use your Internet Explorer, Ray. - Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

YellowRose is singing also now that he can see the video! I found out that not only did Chrome not like that file, but neither did Firefox! I usually have the Forum up in Firefox and use it just for the Forum normally. But I am on the Forum now through IE and the video is working. Leonard sounds excited, like he just got the best Christmas present he could ask for!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Yellowbird
              Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

A big thank you to everyone on the forum who have assisted me so far on the project! I've had help from Dave, John, Carl and Tom in New Zealand. I hope I haven't left anyone out.

Dave, when I pull up the video it's sideways on my computer.

This all started with brake lights not working this past January and ends up with a new dashpad (thanks John and Carl). As Dave stated the radio is converted and working, wiring has been brought back to the correct colors and going to where it belongs! It's amazing that gauges, lights and the heater will work when hooked up properly!

Still more work to be done but this was a big project (at least fo me) and now I can move forward with the others.

Thanks again for the help and thanks to those who keep this forum going for people like me.

Leonard
              sigpic

Comment

• Anders
                Super-Experienced
                • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by simplyconnected
                Yellowbird (Leonard Wheeler) called me tonight. He was a kid in a candy store. Leonard has been feverishly working on restoring his Squarebird.

One by one, he corrected the previous owner's poor workmanship until everything works properly, now (wires were spliced with wire nuts under the dash). Aftermarket gauges were installed with no regard for existing wiring. Eg: He corrected a problem where two temp gauges were connected to the same engine sending unit. The list goes on.

The reason Leonard called was, he wanted me to check my email for a quick video he made with his phone:
                CLICK HERE

Wonderful!
                sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• simplyconnected
                  Administrator
                  • May 26 2009

Well... I discovered that many cell phones take videos 'up and down' instead of sideways. So I took Leonard's video and turned it so that the picture is straight:

Check out his new video HERE.

- Dave

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎