X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Randy's update

According to the System, his last post was back in July, but he was logged onto the Forum TODAY, around 9pm or so... I think Dave has his phone number and I asked him, by phone, if he could give him a call to see how he is doing.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Randy
      Experienced
      • Dec 21 2015

Here I am

[IMG]20161022_113543 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]just a bunch of family stuff, taken peeps to Doc. nee replacement.
      father in law, lovely Bride doing most of the help over there every day. we helping a friend/client its been 8mo. he walking now with help, for the longest time barely get up. some Cancer attack his spine,there going to try harder durgs, to see, I walk with 2 time a week and hang with. he a big guy, doing better. then I was in the Blues and got all moop pee and a hole bunch stuff ........
      I did do a little, got splash gards off, cleaning on them, aarm off
      and painted clean on wheel well and put bushings in, cut rubber
      splash gard [IMG]20161022_123346 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
      ............................................................ ..........................
      [IMG]20161022_124017 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
      ............................................................ ......................
      "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
      Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• del
        Retired Expert Enthusiast
        • May 11 2010

Yes sometimes life gets in the way ...

Happy to see you back! Hope everyone is on the mend.
        I was following your posts and videos with mucho interest because I'm facing a similar project in the spring time. Upper control arm bushing on pass side is shot, so along with those bushings I will be replacing the (original) upper ball joints and convert to front disc brakes. I'll be seeking out those MOOG K8212 ball joints based on your experience and the advice that followed.

When you replaced your upper bushings were you able to reuse the shaft? Or did you replace everything with a kit?
        Regards,
        Don Vincent
        Amherst NY
        1960 HT 352
        TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• DKheld
          Super-Experienced
          • Aug 27 2008

X2 with Del - Glad to hear your back at the Tbird project.
          I love those video's...

Eric

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

Dave Called !

.Good old Dave, he told me last night I had Square's looking hi and low for me. And if i was ok, I got to thinking and I forgot about my helpers, that is all of you Square's, lately when I do have a little time I just don't feel like going out and play alone.
            Thanks Square's your the best little helpers, not that my lovely Bride hasn't helped form time to time, but she has a full plate also.
            ans. Del hello thanks for the shout out.
            and I did have some trouble with ball joints, stay with MOOG they fit like new. the uppers just replace bushing and ball, shaft was ok. note don't for get the shaft before tapping in the 2nd bushing.
            and what I used for Whacking big sledgehammer and a 1in. 1/4 pvc adapter with threads on one side I thought it made it a little wider thats the side i did all the whacking, pick it up at hard wear store .99 it was nice fit. Dave I think has a pipe he uses,
            ............................................................ ........
            I rebuilt paint both used tractor john deere Black blitz paint.
            [IMG]20160916_112027 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
              Experienced
              • Dec 21 2015

Last July: Ray

its been a long time Ray to much stuff.!
              that post was when I met Nyles, I have wanted to stop back agin sometime when i go by. some day hopefully, he told me a lot in just a little time a was there, he knows a lot about the bird from restoring his, a funny thing happen at his house his neighbor is learning to be a Chef, we just happened to be in garage when a sample plate of peanut brittle came by MMm yum, Wow I'm feeling better just thinking about that day I met Nyles.

Comment

• Randy
                Experienced
                • Dec 21 2015

note to self

just looking at some videos, i think it was in one of the longer ones, o i had to laugh, I was so proud when Hazard and I got that back together, that was before we looked in the box. Left side is going to be a breeze..a piece of cake I tell you.
                ............................................................ ..............
                Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

............................................................ .......

Comment

• Tbird1044
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jul 31 2012

Randy:
                  Glad to hear you are okay. I was also wondering what happened to you. Any time you want to stop by, feel free. I am getting very close to taking the Ole Bird in for upholstery and then I should be cruising the streets.
                  Nyles

Comment

• Randy
                    Experienced
                    • Dec 21 2015

[IMG]20160719_125536 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
                    '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''a fter''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
                    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
                    20160301_125511 by Randy harsha, on Flickr

Comment

• Tbird1044
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jul 31 2012

OMG, that looks great.

Nyles

Comment

• simplyconnected
                        Administrator
                        • May 26 2009

I agree, it sure does, Nyles.
                        Hey, click on the top picture of the blue caliper. It's a VIDEO!

BTW, the little dog's name is, Hazard. He always helps Randy. - Dave
                        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Randy
                          Experienced
                          • Dec 21 2015

what's behind splash guard # 2 Video

I making up for lost time, this video shows what was behind/ I haven't cut into clean out the inter . thats next and clean and
                          ............................................................ .......................clean,............................... .....................................................
                          .................its A.video click on pic............[IMG]20161022_111036 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
                            Experienced
                            • Dec 21 2015

clean up

Hazard told me this place is a mess!
                            [IMG]20161113_085641 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
                            Harzard said Chang the paper in the bird cage!
                            '
                            20161115_105048 by Randy harsha, on Flickr
                            Okay already
                            [IMG]20161125_140924 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
                            How that ? Bark Bark! that sure is a dirty Bird.
                            [IMG]20161125_141211 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
                            We did get some paint on splash guard there almost ready for new rubber We cut. did a lot of cleaning under it was a mess .Hazard keeps a close eye on things .

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jun 30 2009

now that you have the inner front fender shield removed; cut a hole in the cowl there and you'll be shocked how much crud, sand, and silt will be inside that area (right below those vents that allow air into the cabin by your feet). The passenger side on my car was plugged and no water was going to drain out very easily.
                              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Randy
                                Experienced
                                • Dec 21 2015

. Greg I was surprised to say the least! funny thing most of it was a fine powder . I have done passenger just last week before Hazrad said we should clean this mess up. soon ill have video for that side ,the driver side i did a bit ago! the first video was after i cut hole. 2nd was cutting hole. its a slow day today cold out good computer day.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJtvE7TCiVM
                                Cut hole in fender well get gunk out, already removed Splash getting them ready for paint aka rubberized undercoating. got busted for kitchen spoon 1960 Thu...
                                Last edited by Randy; November 30, 2016, 04:11 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎