offset/offset
    2" in and out
    10" oval body
    4-3/4" deep
    19" bodylength
    24" total length

so looks like an import on two mufflers

My options

Porters,,,these sound great click on the sound links down the bottom of the page

Welcome to portermufflers.com - your one-stop-shop for quality mufflers, exhaust kits, and accessories. Browse our collection and experience our commitment to exceptional customer service.

or magnaflow 13264 ?

any ideas??

Thaks Tony
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Muffler Size and Choice

I don't know a thing about mufflers, but I do know that I like the "Porter Girl" and all the pictures of her!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• jax
      Apprentice
      • Jun 27 2010

Mufflers

I just finished the exhaust on my 59 and I went with the Manaflow 4" round glasspacks. They sound great and don't hang down to drag. I originally bought Flowmaster 50 series , but they did not fit in the area beside the trunk and they hung to low under the car. Unfortunate.

The porter's look just like the Smitty's mufflers I have on my 58 ford pick up. They sound great and the paint still looks like new. The smitty's don't seem to have as much of the glasspack crackle under full pedal drop, but have a nice mellow tone. But that could be that I'm currently running a small block versus the 352.

If I was to give a recommendation I would go with either the magna flow round glasspacks, or the Porter/Smitty's. All choices are around 20-40 bucks (US) and sound and look clean.
      TBIRD REGISTRY #19539
      1959 TBird
      1958 F100

Comment

• 59thunder
        Experienced
        • Jul 14 2006

thanks guys

i should have also asked where you have had them mounted?

in the recess in the rear fender? or inline somewhere?

Does this effect the sound from the muffler?

thans Tony

Comment

• jax
          Apprentice
          • Jun 27 2010

Muffler

I mounted mine under the rear floor board(approx). The small mufflers were already there so I cut them out and ended up placing the magnaflows there. The flowmasters I originally bought would not fit in the rear trunk recess unless I wanted to see them below the body line.

It seemed easier to place them under the floorboards of the car, especially when I welded them up.

I have heard some people say that muffler placement does effect the sound, but I have never thought to try and see how much truth is in it. I'm sure someone will chime in on it.
          TBIRD REGISTRY #19539
          1959 TBird
          1958 F100

Comment

• 59thunder
            Experienced
            • Jul 14 2006

anymore ideas?

Comment

• kuusamon
              Experienced
              • Feb 14 2009

Can't help here but what I just did 2 days ago is that I was looking for the exhaust connection pipes that connects the H-pipe to the engine. But I realized that the H-pipe I had was a homemade piece, not very good.
              Just bought the whole system, connections, H-pipe and mufflers and extensions for $240 on fleabay. complete system aluminized brand new by classic exhaust.
              It does not help you there but I live in Finland and the exhaust will be shipped to California from where it goes with a sea container to Europe.
              Maybe, just maybe is it possible for you to find a company down-under that frequently imports from the U.S. by sea container and if you can buy some space on that container? a square foot or so shouldn't cost hardly anything. Would be good to buy those difficult to get parts for your car. May do it together with a few other car enthusiasts?

rergards,
              Ron
              sigpicGreets,
              Ronald
              Kuusamo
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=1741

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎