View Single Post
Old 11-07-2010, 12:49 PM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Fly-In & BBQ LaGrange airport

I had a great time at the "Fly-In & Drive-In" & BBQ at La Grange! There were four different Tbird car clubs that convoyed in. There were clubs from Austin, Houston, me from San Antonio, and one other city. It was quite impressive to see a half dozen to a dozen Tbirds coming rolling through the gate one after another, several times over, as the different groups drove in. Everything from Babybirds, Squarebirds, (no '58's or '60's though), several Bulletbirds and Flairbirds, and a good number of beautiful Retro-Birds. Then there were the airplanes! It was impressive to see them, and one helicopter fly in and take off. There were about 50 airplanes and as many Tbirds in attendance. They do this once a month, on the first Saturday of the month! The BBQ was great, and so was the camaraderie and the friendship. Here is a picture of Yellow Rose and the Dream Weaver on the taxi strip as we are pre-flighting our Birds for take off. It was the only yellow and white airplane there and the owner and I got together before he took off so we could get some pictures together. I am putting a web page together to show you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RaysYellowRose-N-PhilsDreamCatcherSmall.jpg (70.7 KB, 36 views)

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm