X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Pictures Too!

Don't forget - We can post pictures directly with our posts. It makes showing issues or solutions so much easier to explain or understand. Here's an old shot of my 57. Just copy and past the img line from your Photobucket album.
    Click the "Preview Post" to make sure it worked and then post by clicking the "Submit New Thread"

• Joe Johnston
    Super-Experienced
    • Dec 23 2008

Photoshop is capable of resizing pictures. I'm not familiar with it enough to tell you exactly how, but I was able to downsize a picture to thumbnail size to use as an avitar for another forum, but it took a couple of attempts for me to "get R done!" There may be an "Edit" button or "Resize" button, don't recall right now.

Very nice cars by the way!!!

Comment

Hey Bill,
      What a beautiful Thunderbird! Nice '34 too! You did not happen to get the T-bird in Kentucky did ya?
      Richard D. Hord

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pictures Too!

Here is what Bill said..

The ability to include photos are great. Here is a test but I see the photo is too large. Anybody know how to reduce the size at the Photobucket level to eliminate this problem?

My apologies in advance for using too much bandwidth.

My comments. First of all, my apologies for deleting your post, Bill! In an attempt to modify and upload Bill's beautiful picture, I could not get his larger picture deleted. I deleted the post and re-posted it here for him with a smaller picture. Any Photo editor software should be able to downsize a picture. Keep the pictures to 640 or 800 size and they should fit. For .jpg files, under 146.5kb. There are file limitations in place that have to be adhered to. Here is a smaller version of the picture that Bill showed us. They are beauties!
        File Size Picture Size
        bmp 39.1 KB 800 600 gif 97.7 KB 800 1200 jpe 19.5 KB 800 600 jpeg 146.5 KB 800 600 jpg 146.5 KB 800 1200 pdf 97.7 KB - - png 585.9 KB 800 600 psd 19.5 KB 800 600 txt 19.5 KB - -
        Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• carguybill
          • Mar 9 2011

Ok I guess I need to reduce the file size and then put the reduced size on Photobucket then put the Photobucket link here. I did see that I could get a thumbnail size.

Thanks for your help.
          Bill Brown
          Coshocton, OH
          CTCI #57

Comment

• simplyconnected
            Administrator
            • May 26 2009

Here's the thread for reducing pictures using free software:

This forum has been established to assist those who might be PC challenged. Anyone needing assistance in posting pictures to Forums or has PC problems relating to accessing this Forum can obtain help here.
            Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
            --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pictures Too!

Thanks to Dave, our Webmaster, you now have a nice piece of software that you can downsize your pictures with. I had forgotten about that one! The ideal size for pictures to post on here is probably 640x480. That should keep you well within the file size limitations. 800x600 can be used if it is under the 145.6kb file limits for a .jpg file. You can download that picture sizing software and use it to size your pictures to the size you want them at. Then you can upload them to your picture hosting website.

Originally, I had said that you could post pictures in the main Our Rides Forum. However, since this Pictures Too! thread was started, this seems to be the perfect place to post your pix of your Little Birds. So post pictures here, but nothing technical. Use the other parts of this Little Birds Forum for posting technical stuff, requests for assistance, advice, etc.
              Last edited by YellowRose; March 10, 2011, 02:48 PM.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

Just my two cents about displaying pictures:

Sharing pictures is a very essential part of this site, whether we are explaining restoration details or just showing our rides, events, or ourselves. We want to see your pictures. Coral, our Help Desk Moderator and Administrator, can answer any of your questions about, "How do I..." She's very good at seeing members through any task. PM her or write a post in the 'Help Desk' forum.

Private Message can be found on the above BLACK BAR, under User CP (user control panel).

When you use a free picture service (like Photpbucket), Squarebirds.org just points to the link. Two things happen; you can change your pictures at that site any time you wish, and it really doesn't use any of our space, here.

Of course, if you become a paid member, I will allocate 20-MB of your own space (for your own web site, pictures, videos, or any kind of files) right here on Squarebirds.org.

Please don't go over 800 pixels wide on any picture. If you do, text on the same thread will go that wide, too. That means we all have to scroll right and left to read everyone's posts (a PITA IMHO).

At the expense of looking foolish please allow me to aver: Ask Coral (at the Help Desk) for help, even if you think it's insignificant. The only dumb question is the one that's never asked. We all start out with the same frustrations.

Aside from 'pictures', we do everything we can to protect our members from all forms of attack. Spam, flames, obscenities, slurs, or just plain bullying will be quickly deleted. We have youngsters and ladies (including Alexander's widow) who depend on us to keep Squarebirds.org the most friendly and helpful Thuderbird on the planet. That was Alexander's mission. We choose to manually screen new members before they are allowed to join as a safeguard for our present members. Ray (Yellowrose)will not just let anyone in, so please hold any criticisms until he catches up with his job. If there are any problems or issues with the registration process we will straighten it out, so please bear with... - Dave Dare
                Last edited by simplyconnected; March 10, 2011, 04:49 PM. Reason: I'm old and can't spell

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• carguybill
                  • Mar 9 2011

Here's a test using resizer. The lady is my Daughter in law Betsy Brown. The T-Bird is mine. The event is a CTCI regional - in Cleveland OH, I think

Bill Brown
                  Coshocton, OH
                  CTCI #57

Comment

• simplyconnected
                    Administrator
                    • May 26 2009

Stunningly beautiful...

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• cobrajeff
                      • Mar 10 2011

1957 T'Birds

Glad to see a new venue for little Birds. I've always liked Squarebirds, too, but have never owned one (yet). Saw a very nice white '59 convertible with a 430 in it last year at a cruise-in - if I was still working, I'd have probably bought it.

Here are a couple of little Bird pictures:

This is my '57 - a very nice driver, former California car that I found "back home" outside Cleveland Ohio. It was just what I was looking for in a 'Bird, White, with chrome wires, and wide-white radials. I've added a Mustang steering wheel (about 2" less in dia. than the original), and bucket seats from a '65 T'Bird.

This red one is a one owner car that I restored for another Ford retiree. Even though this is a Michigan car, it had no rust, and did not need even a pin-hole filled. Probably because it sat inside the garage a lot, and apparently never saw any Michigan Winters.

Thanks for providing us a spot to talk and share pictures of little Birds!

regards,

Jeff

Last edited by cobrajeff; March 11, 2011, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Pictures Too!

Hi Jeff, and welcome! I am not seeing the pictures! If you are bringing them in from a photo hosting website, like Photobucket or anywhere else, there is an icon right above this typing. You should be seeing a number of control icons in the gray border above this. One of them is a little picture of the globe, with what looks like field glasses underneath it, and a white smiley face above it. Click on that icon and put your web page link in there. You might have to take out the http:// first. Put your link to your pictures in that box, click OK and it should highlight the link and underscore it, making it a clickable link that should take us to where you have your pictures at. Try that and see what ya get. But I am not seeing anything in the way of the pix you tried to post. Bear with us please. It might take a bit to figure out how this software works.

Comment

• simplyconnected
                          Administrator
                          • May 26 2009

I don't think thunderbirdnest.com is allowing permission to view these pictures.

To test, try placing the bare link to your internet explorer's address bar like:

If the picture shows, you're good. (This one does not, probably because it needs a password for access.)

Here's Bill's link:

Bill's link does show a picture.
                          Last edited by simplyconnected; March 11, 2011, 12:34 AM.

--Lee Iacocca

Comment

• cobrajeff
                            • Mar 10 2011

Pictures

OK -

Let me try something different. They showed up fine on my computer last night - but, I guess that's because I'm a member over at Thunderbirdnest (I recently purchased a 2002 T'Bird). Now they don't show here - I'm getting the dreaded red "X"

I replaced those pictures with some from the Shelby Club (SAAC) site (I have owned a number of Shelbys in the past). Hopefully, these will show up.

Jeff

Comment

Nice looking cars came across load and clear

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎