X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Richard D. Hord has died.

With great sadness I'm announcing the passing of Richard D. Hord of Campbellsville, KY. Richard died October 1, 2017. He was only 55 yrs-old.

I don't know the cause of Richard's death but I know the past year had been very hard for Richard. He loved his family and his Thunderbirds, a Diamond Jubilee and a Squarebird. Richard was a great contributor to our site. I will miss Brother Richard, immensely. - Dave

Richard Hord of Campbellsville, son of Shirley Berry Hord and the late Richard C. Hord, was born September 6, 1962, in Taylor County, Kentucky. He died at 1158 A.M., Sunday, October 1, 2017 in Louisville. Age 55 Richard was a follower of Jesus and was a member of South Campbellsville
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

• YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Dave, thank you for posting this information. I was certainly aware of the difficulties he was having recently. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Penelope
      Super-Experienced
      • Mar 4 2008

R.I.P Richard, thoughts are with his family.
      sigpicBill
      Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• scumdog
        Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Sad times indeed and he was so young too.
        Last edited by scumdog; October 5, 2017, 04:41 AM.
        A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

My sincere condolences to the Family.

Chris......From OZ.

Comment

• Yellowbird
            Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

Our thoughts and prayers are with his family.
            sigpic

Comment

• Dan Leavens
              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Way too young and our condolences to his family. He will be missed and as Dave mentioned a " great contributor to our site "
              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
              Thunderbird Registry
              58HT #33317
              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Brandon Hord
                • Oct 6 2017

Hello everyone. My name is Brandon Hord, son of Richard Hord. I was laying in bed this morning just thinking about the good times I had with my dad. I then remembered about all his friends on Squarebirds. I just created an account and just read all the comments. I am blown away with all the love and support (THANK YOU). I am currently sitting in a rocking chair made out of old barn lumber, the same wood his casket is made out of. Im not sure what everyone has read in the news about my father. He had a hard time and his marriage was falling apart. Please refrain from judging him from what you read. Before he passed, he did bring a man to Christ / save a man from hanging himself. He also read the entire Bible from cover to cover. His '78 TBird along with the bus he drove will be at the ceremony at the Farm on Saturday where his ashes will be spread. Thank you everyone for the love, support and the Prayers! God bless you all!

Comment

• RustyNCa
                  Super-Experienced
                  • May 31 2007

I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. One of the great things I have always appreciated about this forum, it's helpful, warm and very friendly. That was the founder's goal, and it seems to staying true to those goals.

So, look to Richard's good times and the help he provided here. I remember him being a great asset to the people online here, and always nice...

Cheers
                  Bryan

Originally posted by Brandon Hord
                  Hello everyone. My name is Brandon Hord, son of Richard Hord. I was laying in bed this morning just thinking about the good times I had with my dad. I then remembered about all his friends on Squarebirds. I just created an account and just read all the comments. I am blown away with all the love and support (THANK YOU). I am currently sitting in a rocking chair made out of old barn lumber, the same wood his casket is made out of. Im not sure what everyone has read in the news about my father. He had a hard time and his marriage was falling apart. Please refrain from judging him from what you read. Before he passed, he did bring a man to Christ / save a man from hanging himself. He also read the entire Bible from cover to cover. His '78 TBird along with the bus he drove will be at the ceremony at the Farm on Saturday where his ashes will be spread. Thank you everyone for the love, support and the Prayers! God bless you all!

Comment

• Brandon Hord
                    • Oct 6 2017

Here is the link to my dads obituary.

Richard Hord of Campbellsville, son of Shirley Berry Hord and the late Richard C. Hord, was born September 6, 1962, in Taylor County, Kentucky. He died at 1158 A.M., Sunday, October 1, 2017 in Louisville. Age 55 Richard was a follower of Jesus and was a member of South Campbellsville

Comment

• simplyconnected
                      Administrator
                      • May 26 2009

I spoke with Brandon over the phone today. He asked if I received pictures of Richard's funeral through my email.

Richard Hord had a beautiful white Squarebird (Christine) that was lost in a fire and an equally beautiful 1978 Diamond Jubilee. Brandon drove the '78 to Richard's funeral.

Also pictured, is the school bus that Richard drove. I guess you could say it was his 'daily driver'. Brandon said there are more pictures to come. - Dave
                      Attached Files
                      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I was telling Dave on the phone that the 1978 Diamond Jubilee was the Tbird that I wanted to buy when they came out. It was also that exact color that I wanted. I had fallen in love with that style, with that band over the top. It is a great looking car I thought then and still do. We ended up getting something less fancy and less expensive... Thanks for sending the pix, Brandon and Dave for posting them... That is quite the "daily driver"...

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Brandon Hord
                          • Oct 6 2017

Dave, thanks for putting the photos up. Ray, that '78 was my dads baby. I will be taking care of her till I pass her down to my son one day. The story of the '78 and my dad go back many years ago. As a teenager, he was working at the chicken house. He bought a wrecked '78 Diamond Jubilee. He had to spend every dime he made to fix that car. Shortly after completing her, he wrecked the car in a ditch (rolled the car 5 times). He was driving home and came around a corner and saw someone on his side of the road. Thankfully he walked away from the wreck. A few months later, he completed High School then got a job at Fruit of the Loom. One day he was out running around and spotted a '78 Diamond Jubilee at someones house. He called the gentleman and asked him if his car was for sale, he then hung up on dad. Dad told some of his friends at work about the car. They then called the gentleman, told them my dads story and about the wreck. Shortly after that, he called my dad and told him he would sell him the car (same car in photo below). My father has had this car longer than he was married. The car is all original except for the mud flaps (so the rocks wont chip the paint), and the glasspack mufflers, and she only has 70,000 original miles. I know material things don't matter much to some people but this car is all I have left of my dad. It was a great experience driving her to town the other day. I know my dad was looking down and just smiling. Maybe one day Ill be able to get a '60 Tbird like the one he had that burned up in the house fire. One thing you guys already know but Ill say it again, dad loved Ford and he loved his Thunderbirds!

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Brandon! Thanks for telling us the story about the original '78 Tbird Richard had and how he came to own this one. I think he had told me parts of this story, but certainly not the whole thing. Thanks for sharing it with us, and yes... I bet he was looking down on you as you proudly drove that Tbird to town the other day....

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                              Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Brandon great story and a true legacy about your Dad's love of Thunderbirds. That is what this site is all about and it is just cool that you are continuing this
                              Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                              Thunderbird Registry
                              58HT #33317
                              60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍