No announcement yet.

Headers.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headers.

After losing the battle trying to stop exhaust leaks at the exhaust manifolds, I decided to stop fighting them, and ordered some custom nickel plated headers, from a company in Wash. state, and they are SWEET ! Could NOT be happier with them ! If anyone is interested, just say so, and i will give you the info.
  • byersmtrco
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 28 2004

I'm interested. Could we get some pics??!!
    For now, there are Flowmasters in my near future (w/chrome turn-downs) My glasspacks are shot. Sounds like a boat.
    I like the loud, but it doesn't even sound good.

I wish some of the Ford hi-perf cast iron exh manifs would work on this car. Looks like the Galaxie 406 style won't clear the steering gear on the LH side.
    The closer fit 390 Mustang manifs have the diff bolt pattern to the cyl/head. (Why can't Ford interchange like Chevy??!!)

So yeah, love to see your headers in place.

Comment

• 6TB1RD
      Experienced
      • Apr 9 2006

Definitely YES

I would definitely like to see, I also have a exhaust leak on my passenger side, Just #8 thou.

When I got the car the number 8 was full of rust and water ! I know I need to also replace the head so I'm in the market for them also but the finances not to good right now. .
      George (Papa of 9)
      1960 H/T :rolleyes:
      Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
      sigpic

Comment

I have those headers and I must agree with the fellow birders with the headers, they are excellent, but when they get hot they definately heat up the starter.

Comment

headers

I got them at Ford Powertrain Applications.
          Address is 7702 E. 96th, Puyallup, WA. 98371
          Phone # 253-848-9503.

I haven't had them on long enough to see if heating up the starter is a problem. To the poster that said that, has it created you any problems, when it heats up ? I LOVE the sound, deep, throaty rumble, and hope to get noticeabe increase in HP and gas mileage

Comment

headers

will try to post pics this weekend.

Comment

No Major problems. Still worth having them, and I agree the sound is great. I am running 3in. pipes to a set of Smithy's patriot mufflers. Love it and wouldn't change it for the world.

I run into an issue on those REALLY HOT days after driving for a while. If I shut the car off and then try to start her like 1-2 min. after, it gets challenging. Or if the car stalls at a Red light when she is nice and hot(But that's another issue I need to resolve).

I am sure getting a heat shield for the starter will fix that.

Comment

headers

great ! thanks ! I will put a heat shield on as well.

Comment

• seven up

Greetings,

I've saw the FPA headers on their website and they are definitely the bomb !!

There are no other options besides 500+ customs ?? This is surely a sore spot for this model.

Has anyone done a modification of the FE truck headers ? I know midas does custom pipe work.

Enjoy !

Comment

• 6TB1RD
                    Experienced
                    • Apr 9 2006

Summit

Summit auto sells a kit that includes Header Flanges with Stubs, Mild Steel, 5/ 16 in. Thick, Stock 1 3/ 4 in. Port, Ford, 332-428 FE, Kit

191.00 if you like to fabricate this would be the way to go.
                    George (Papa of 9)
                    1960 H/T :rolleyes:
                    Home Page http://squarebirds.org/users/6tb1rd/
                    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=31811
                    sigpic

Comment

• FeFranco
                      Experienced
                      • Jan 13 2007

I also have a set of FPA headers from Washington. They give the engine an impressive look when you pop the hood. I have 2 1/2" pipe to the rear tires with Flowmasters. They are not as loud as you might think, but do rumble nicely. I had the muffler guy at West Coast Mufflers in Concord install the headers for me when he did the exhaust system. The header installation is not as easy as it may look.

Comment

I believe the place in Auburn, Wash. is called Stans.

Comment

Working...
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎