Ray
    Will we be able to see your finished product

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The Tbird Virtual Fest Power Show

Hi Bob,

Yes, it will be available to anyone who wants a copy of it, provided it is not a bust for EG! I will see what he has to say about it after getting it, playing it, and showing it.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Petrolhead
        Experienced
        • Jul 2 2007

Hi Ray

Yes, it would be great if we could get copies. Perhaps at a cost that covers postage, plus a donation to Squarebirds?

Ray, you do a fine job for this forum, thank you

Alistair

Comment

• tbird430
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 18 2007

I agree. Sorry I just read the message over on the Bullet Bird forum saying that u were unable to use my pictures. My wife finally had her gal bladder removed this am, so I had been off this site the last 24-36 hours. Please read my message over there Ray reguarding what u would like me to do.

Thanks again for ALL your hard work Ray,
          Jon
          sigpic
          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Jon, you have a PM waiting for you with email instructions. I can still get them in, I think.

To all: Yes, providing this Power Show passes the EG Test, (and it should) I plan on making this show available to anyone who wants it, especially the two dozen of you who contributed to it. EG is going to show it on his AC powered laptop during his car show on the 23rd. The idea behind the show is to honor Alexander, and to use it at Show & Shine events across the country in your areas. It will give you the chance to show others what the guys on Squarebirds are doing with their beloved Tbirds. It should also be a good tool to bring new members into the forum.

It has been suggested that anyone wanting a copy could provide me funds to cover the cost of a shipping container and postage. Some of you have said that I should not have to bear the cost of shipping this all over the place. I do not want anything for the time I spent putting this together. It was a labor of love.

I saw the comments about making contributions to Squarebirds to help defray the costs of shipping. With Alexander's passing, I do not know how that would work. Later today, when I mail it, I will find out the cost of an individual postal CD container and mailing costs to several different parts of the country. Then a few to places like Sweden, Australia, New Zealand, etc... I will let you know what that will cost.

"Penelope" also has suggested that those that receive it overseas could burn the CD and provide copies to other forum members in their respective countries. That is an excellent idea and would cut down the costs of overseas shipping.

To view this Power Show your PC or Mac (because I will have a Mac version on the CD also, and the respective viewing files) will have to have Microsoft Office for Windows or Microsoft Office for Mac on it, which should contain Microsoft PowerPoint. Or one of the free Microsoft Viewer files. I will have a Windows and a Mac Viewer file on the CD for you to install if you have to. If your PC or Mac already has Microsoft Office on it, you should just be able to click on the Power Show File and it should start playing. However... Your PC or Mac will probably have to have a good bit of Ram and a good Video card to handle this big power show. It has over 200 pictures in it, and is over 70MB in size. I am running with a GB of Ram on my PC and a half Gig on my Mac G4, and so far, both have handled it okay.

I will get back with you with more details. I have to finalize the sequence of the Mac version before I hit the sack. My Bird is back from it's hysterectomy.. (Rebuilt Tranny). It seems to be running very well. In the morning, we will be working on that drivers side window, replacing the gas float (the new one has a hole in it and tells you the tank is empty!) with another one and maybe find out what is wrong with the power seat. I got a new power seat switch and 30amp breaker in.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

As soon as I can lay my hands on it, I will show it on our "friday afternoon meeting with cake" here at Volvo Design Dept.
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The Power Show is finished and on a CD ready to send to EG in the morning, once I get some sleep! I hope he likes it... There are two versions on the CD. One for a Mac, and one for a PC and they are named that way. You will know which one is the Mac version and which one is the PC version by the title. There is also a Mac Power Point Viewer file that can be installed on your Mac if you need it. Also one for the PC. Both are virus free, and free files.

Lets see how this works for EG and his car show. I hope it does.... G'Night! Sleep Calls...

Comment

• Anders
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jan 19 2008

I have PC at work, and iMac at home....

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

T-bird Virtual Power Show

Ray when you have a moment and it is completed would you send me the file on the power show, to my other e-mail address.

dleavens@changinglanesltd.com

As the file is large I will be able to open and burn to CD.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

The Thunderbird Virtual Fest Power Show

Good Morning, Dan,

The problem I will have with trying to send it through email is that I think my ISP will reject the file as being to large for email purposes. I am pretty sure that my ISP's email software will not allow a file so large to be processed through it.

I can try it, though. What I planned on doing was, after EG uses it, and lets me know of any changes, adjustments or improvements there might be needed, was to snail mail it to each person who wants a copy. Then, they can burn copies for others in their country that might want one. I hope this takes off and others will show it at future car shows across the country.

Gotta go. I need to get to the post office before 1pm and I still have to buy some CD labels and print out a label for the CD.
                      Last edited by YellowRose; August 17, 2008, 05:19 PM. Reason: Grammer

Comment

• Petrolhead
                        Experienced
                        • Jul 2 2007

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
                        As I will show it on our "friday afternoon meeting with cake" here at Volvo Design Dept.
                        Anders, you spelt 'cake' wrong... here in New Zealand it's spelt 'b... e... e... r...'

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

I did try to email the power show to Dan, who has a high speed, wideband email system. The problem is that the file is wayyy to large for my ISP's email system to handle, I am sure. I tried several times, and both times it refused to pass it on through. So emailing a file that size looks to be out of the question for sure.

I had to use one of the "Quicky" labels that came with the label software package I bought to get the show off to EG. Since I finished that part of the project, I sat down and spent hours working on a good label that looks professional. I think what I came up with, using a couple of pictures out of the power show, looks really good and professional. It will have the forum URL on the bottom of it for anyone who wants to come join us, or check our forum out. I will send EG a new CD with this label on it. I think you will like it.

And Anders, that is how we spell "cake" in this country also! B...E...E...R...! Especially, in Texas!

Comment

• Anders
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Jan 19 2008

Yeah, yeah, yeah.....
                            Ford don´t allow us to bring in beer and booze on our internal meetings. Darn yankees. They would most probably not approve the cake either, if they just know about it....
                            Btw: Here, we spell Beer, "Öl".

Comment

• dgs
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2003

How big is it? You might look for a place to store it on the web and folks could download it from there. I know there are large file transfer services out there as well. It'd save you from making all those CDs, but we wouldn't get to see that spiffy label.
                              DGS (aka salguod)
                              1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                              www.salguod.net

Comment

• YellowRose
                                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Doug,

It is about 70mb in size now. I am doing some tweaking on it at present. I dont mind burning the copies. I have a good CD burner. I want to tweak the label a bit more and see if I can improve on it. One of the Tbirds got stretched a bit when I tried to make it fit the width of the CD. It kinda looks like a
                                S t r e t c h Tbird. I am going to have to try different sizes of that picture and see if I can fix it.

As for putting it on the web, I don't know how one would run a power show from it. I guess I would find one of those websites that allows you to park your data files, and give ya'll a link to it. However, that defeats the purpose of having it on a CD for guys who want to show it at S&S's, and dont have access to the internet... The beauty of the CD is that you just pop it in your PC CD player and away it goes. Of course, it helps if you have your laptop or PC hooked to an AC source!

So I think I will just stick with the CD. I dont mind making the labels or the CD's. I am waiting to hear what EG has to say about the show. He might have received it today, or if not, he should have it by tomorrow or Thursday, at the latest.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎