No announcement yet.

61 Tbird newbeie

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

61 Tbird newbeie

I'm happy to have been told about this message board since I'm in the begining stages of restoring a 1961 Tbird convertible. If I can be of any help in your restoration please ask I've accumulated a lot of information and parts over the past six months on the "Curvy Birds" as I've have known the 61 - 63 birds. I look forward to receiving help on my project as "problems" arise.

I have a very clean and rust free 62 coupe donor car. During this fall I'll should be far enough a long to offer OEM gauge rust free floor and trunk pans. As soon as I have the interior of the 62 taken out I should be able to take pictures of the floor and trunk area. The convertible came to me completely apart project car with tons of extra parts.

I'm not a stickler for "original" because I want a cruiser on the outside and a hot rod under the hood. I am dropping in a built 400hp with 460 ft lb of torque 390 latched on to a built C6 able to handle 500hp. Custom headers, Super 40 Flowmasters, 750 Barry Grant Carb and a Mallory Unilite distributor... God, I can't wait.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: 61 Tbird newbeie

Welcome to the board! Good luck with your restoration.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

What do you mean you have a donor car? Are you selling it? Are you using the floor pans for the resto on the convertible??

Comment

Hey Shawn -- I see ya made it over here. Welcome aboard!

Comment

Yes, the donor car is the coupe. I may need the right front floor pan (minor rust out on the convertibe floor from a bad heater core) but I'm sure I wont need the other floor pans. I'm in the process of stripping the coupe completely. I'm blown away how rust free this car is. So far all the bolts, nuts, and screws actually work. This caar came out of the deep south. I will offer parts off this car because thay are rust free and OEM guage. I expect to be at that point this fall. I can send pictures contact jmciechon@snet.net. The car is located in Connecticut.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎