X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bcomo
    Super-Experienced
    • Sep 23 2005

Welcome and congratulations Ozroadrunner:

Do you have a photo or two of your Bird and sunroof?
    Bart
    1960 Hard Top/430
    Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• byersmtrco
      Super-Experienced
      • Sep 28 2004

2536 w/352 , 377 w/430

WELCOME !!!!

Originally posted by tbird430
      Congrats on a fine purchase. The '60 sunroof's were quite rare- only some 4200 were made (Roughly 390 had the 430cid engine option). The sunroof didn't appear as a T-Bird option again until 1969....

Comment

Thanks, I will post a pic when I can take a decent one. I have wires to put on it etc.

I saw a post that said a company in CA has parts for the Golde Top.
        I need the plastic surround for the handle.
        Any help would be appreciated.
        Thanks
        Dennis

Comment

Yet another Squarebird in Oz

Originally posted by Penelope
          Welcome Ozroadrunner, nice to see another Squarebirder down here in Oz. A couple of guys have asked how many squarebirds are in OZ. According to the Thunderbird Owners Club of Australia, they think about 15, plus one more now!

Bill
          Actually Bill, as well as the Golde top 60, I bought in another 60 T Bird, very straight, it is for sale. Also have a 1965 & 1966 as well as a 1969 Lincoln done 26,000 miles genuine. All for sale.

Dennis Brisbane

Comment

• Rockin Kev
            Experienced
            • Oct 31 2002

Dennis,
            Go to www.tbirdranch.com i am sure you can find a repro plastic cup for the handle, MAN! I MISS MY GOLDE.

Kev
            60 Con
            England.

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Golde Top Production numbers?

Thanks to Kev, I am able to share this information with you regarding parts for the Golde Top Sun Roof. Although this is a VW website, it is my understanding that the Golde Top parts for it will also fit the Golde Tops for our Tbirds. Kev can correct me if I am wrong. The cables needed for that Alfa Romeo I posted about should also work with it. The Golde Top was pretty much interchangeable between car makes, so I understand. This website is in England, so you will have to communicate with them regarding payment in USD.

http://www.vwheritage.com/bbt/Stock-...-305%2FA%20%2F

As some of you know, Kev lost his beloved J convertible in a fire several years back. It was an excellent original car and it was a tragic loss. It should remind us to disconnect our battery cable when we have our car in the garage or in storage. I have started doing that with mine.

I am pleased that I was able to restore Kev's user account. He has not been able to get into the Forum since Alexander passed away and I was able to fix that for him.
              Last edited by YellowRose; January 4, 2009, 08:35 PM. Reason: Wording changes

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• bcomo
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 23 2005

Welcome back Kev.

I remember that tragedy of the loss of your J Bird. I think that there were photos of her somewhere on the forum. She was one very nice car.
                Bart
                1960 Hard Top/430
                Thunderbird Registry Number 1231

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                  Experienced
                  • Oct 31 2002

iam back!

Yeah Guys thanks for the welcome back and thanks to RAY FOR SORTING MY ACCOUNT OUT,but Ray i had a J code Golde in unrestored condition, fully loaded and i mean loaded, i still cannot get over the my loss, i have a 1960 352 Convertible now, i would love a J code convertible from 1960 again of course, in fact there was a peach of a j code convertible in up state New Hampshire in the same colour a my convertible... Aquamarine, this J code in New Hampshire was loaded and had the conny kit has anyone seen it, as it needs a new owner!..lol

TALKING J CODE, 38K FROM NEW ONE OWNER 1960 BIRDIE ON THAT AUCTION SITE!!! WE ALL SPEND TOO MUCH TIME AND MONEY ON RIGHT NOW.

Comment

• SandyBoy
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Oct 31 2002

Welcome back, Kev ! Sorry for your loss. I know how badlyI would feel so, I cannot imagine what a sadness it has been for you.

Good to see ya face again !!!!!!!

Comment

• Rockin Kev
                      Experienced
                      • Oct 31 2002

Cheers Bart, i think photos were uploaded on Johns thunderbird registry, got to have a chat with John when i was Stateside, nice guy!
                      Kev

Comment

• byersmtrco
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Sep 28 2004

Correction . . . My bad. 2,536 1960 Thunderbirds were equipped w/sunroofs. Of those, 377 had the J-Code 430 "BIG Block". Of those eq w/leather, AC, pwr/wdo's etc is unknown.

At our 2006 VTCA concours, there was a club member there who had moved to Nevada. He had the orig build sheet (retrieved from rear seat area). It had the 430, factory installed AC, and . . . AND black seats w/gray cloth inserts. It had every power option Ford offered in 1960. There were a few oddball things on there. It had a pwr brake unit I had never seen before. It was one cherry ride. You may recall seeing it on the Sq/Birds calendar (cover) a few yrs back. The gunmetal gray one. I think Alexander really liked it (putting it on the cover and inside)

Comment

• tbird430
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Jun 18 2007

That sure sounds like a "one of a kind" T-bird John....
                          sigpic
                          The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎