Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mission from God

4-13-15

Dear Bird Friends,

Yeah, appears the good Lord’s got me movin’ on, so now am in kind of a big hurry to straighten out my final affairs which includes selling my 1958 Tbird Hardtop and my 1948 Dodge Panel Van. Selling these vehicles now will alleviate my heirs the hassle in being forced to sell them. Last week I was diagnosed at Abbott Northwestern Hospital Cancer Center in Minneapolis with incurable pancreatic cancer. A port was installed in my right shoulder and I will start chemo Tuesday 4-14-15. My life expectancy has suddenly been drastically shortened. No telling how long I’ll be. Could be 6 months, could be 4-10 more years. I am now on a mission from God. Only He knows for sure. ‘How precious did that Grace appear the hour I first believed?’

So now that spring may finally be here, I will get the bird started and pull it out of it storage garage so that I can clean and detail it, change fluids, check brakes and putz with a bunch of other stuff in order to prepare it for sale. My cousin Sue runs the Route 65 Classics in Blaine, MN http://route65classics.com . We’ll trailer the bird to her showroom and she’ll sell if for me. I’ll ask her for an exclusive for any Squarebirds.org buyers. Later this summer I’ll get the 48 Dodge panel van up to her also. Please contact me directly at either 612-708-2144 or askhow@aol.com

‘We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise than when we’d first begun.’ I am at peace with this whole new turn in my life, yet it is beyond understanding. But I know it’s God’s will and His peace.
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Jed,

Wish I could find the words to express how I feel. Guess I can only say that if I'm ever faced with the same situation - I'll handle it half as well as you have explained.

I'm sure all will go fine with the cars.

Numbers 6:24

Eric

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Mission from God

Jed, words cannot express well enough how I felt when I read your post... I will echo Eric's words and hope that I also can face what is in store for me down the road with as much grace as you have. Good luck with moving the cars and I hope they find themselves in a good home, where someone will give them the love and care you have...

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dutchbird
        Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Jed,

Too many thoughts less words...

Comment

• bird 60
          Super-Experienced
          • Mar 18 2009

Very sad to hear about your diagnosis Jed. I wish you the very best with your treatment.

Chris

Comment

• Joe Johnston
            Super-Experienced
            • Dec 23 2008

Just hope I too can handle things as well when my time comes. All my best to you and yours!

Comment

Eric and all, thank you for the blessing and thanks to all for your thoughts and prayers. I'll need all I can get. Clothe me in the armor of the Lord with your prayers.

On the lighter side, I wish I could request the same of the IRS. Tomorrow's tax day and I am sending them a check.

Again, thank you all!

Comment

• scumdog
                Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

May you live an active life for longer than anybody thinks you will, all the best in everything in your life.
                Last edited by scumdog; April 15, 2015, 12:44 AM.
                A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• fomoco59
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Jun 10 2005

So sorry Jed. You are in our prayers.
                  sigpic
                  Mike Lemmon
                  '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Jed I too am at a loss for words. Our thoughts and prayers from the squarebird.org family are with you during this time.
                    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Yellowbird
                      Experienced

• Jun 18 2009

My and Debbie's thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I'm encouraged for you seeing your faith and how you are responding. Your words are inspiring and comforting to the rest of us.

By the way, we really do enjoy riding in comfort on Jed Zimmerman foam!

We wish you well with the treatments.
                      sigpic

Comment

• YellowRose
                        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Mission from God

And those who have them enjoy steering these ole Tbirds of ours with a re-manufactured steering wheel! Mine that you did for me still looks like brand spanking new after several years! Great work!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                        The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                        Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                        Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                        https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Mission from God

Jed best wishes with Chemotherapy fight the good fight there is always hope

Comment

• dgs
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Feb 13 2003

So sorry to hear, I wish you the best in your treatment.
                            DGS (aka salguod)
                            1960 Convertible - Raven Black, Red leather
                            www.salguod.net

Comment

• keith
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Feb 13 2010

So sorry to read this news. You are in my prayers.
                              Keith
                              Sedalia, Mo.
                              sigpic
                              CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍