No announcement yet.

Repair Clock

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repair Clock

I have decided to try to repair the clock. Before I damage something - is it simply to grab the clock bezel and pull it straight back and then remove the mounting screws?

Useful link: “how to Repair Dash Instrumentation Clocks” http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Accessories/rebuild.html
    OK, it’s not a Thunderbird site, but hopefully the tips works on our clocks to.

• Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Repair Clock

Yes, the bezel on the dash pulls straight back. Unlike the speedometer and the fuel/temp gauge, the lens is part of the instrument not the bezel. Once you unscrew the three screws that hold it to the dash, you can pull it out. Twist to disconnect the wire at the fuse holder.

The knob of the clock unscrews in the usual counterclockwise fashion. You then need to remove the nut holding the wire on back. Carefully bend back the tabs that hold the two halves of the clock together and you will have access to the innards.

The paper gasket gets quite brittle with age. No replacements for it are made. I can post a template for making a new one if you need one.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

RE: Clock gasket

This is the link for printing out new clock gasket templates:

You need Adobe Acrobat or a compatable graphics program to open it.

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

RE: Clock gasket

Great! Thanks for the info and gaskets.:-)

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎