X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1oldkid
    Apprentice
    • Oct 5 2011

1oldkids other ride

I have my build thread started for my 66 t-bird and thought I would share my other ride with you. I know it's not a t-bird and it's not even a Ford but I like classic cars and not any one specific brand. I have had a GTO, Mustang, Chevy Truck and air-cooled VW'S as well. This is my 64 Buick Riviera that belonged to my dad before I was lucky enough to get it. I spent 3 years doing a full restoration on it in our garage. It is period correct from the tower hose clamps to cloth electrical tape to the correct month sticker on the rear plate. On to a couple of pics.
    Attached Files
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Holy smoke! I can only say CONGRATS! What a beutiful car!!! Love the engine compartment also.
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Very nice ...

Riv. Looks like you hit all the bases, and you have to love the Nailheads. Mike excuse the underline, not sure how to git rid of it.
      Last edited by YellowRose; March 2, 2012, 12:29 AM. Reason: Got rid of underline!

Comment

Very Nice!
        Richard D. Hord

Comment

• fomoco59
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 10 2005

Really nice. I always thought the Squarebirds should've had a floor shifter like that, but I guess that wasn't popular until early 60's.
          sigpic
          Mike Lemmon
          '59 Raven Black Hardtop

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...tryNumber=2461

Comment

Originally posted by fomoco59
            Really nice. I always thought the Squarebirds should've had a floor shifter like that, but I guess that wasn't popular until early 60's.
            Hey Mike,
            I like your thinking!
            Richard D. Hord

Comment

• Anders
              Super-Experienced
              • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
              Hey Mike,
              I like your thinking!
              Richard D. Hord
              I think oppsite. I don´t understand why modern cars have the world biggest "thing" in the centre consol, taking up all that space, when they can have it elegant as in the T-bird...
              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• 1oldkid
                Apprentice
                • Oct 5 2011

Thanks guys. I get a little overboard at times on details but I think it pays off in the end. My wife says it's a sickness.

I prefer the bucket seat console look on most cars. A bench seat to me is just not as attractive. The consoles have to be slim and not so bulky but without one the wife can scoot over closer so I can cruise with my are around her.

Comment

• scumdog
                  Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by 1oldkid
                  The consoles have to be slim and not so bulky but without one the wife can scoot over closer so I can cruise with my are around her.
                  Too true - when Mrs Scumdog and I are cruising in the F100 we get comments along the line of "Hey, how come there's no passenger seat in your truck" and "If you put bucket seats in a F100 you're meant to have them fitted one to each side - not one in the middle and one on the drivers side" etc!

Cos when we cruise she scoots over right beside me.

Oh, and nice Riv - almost bought one before I got the Thunderbird only they were too pricey. (Well the ones up to my standard were - and I ain't THAT picky!)
                  A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Dan that is one beautiful Riv congrats as it has very distinct lines. What is the exterior colour name as I am not sure the pixs clearly show it?? Also the grill /chrome really pops off the front clip. Great job
                    Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                    Thunderbird Registry
                    58HT #33317
                    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Dakota Boy
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Jun 30 2009

that is really nice.
                      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• 1oldkid
                        Apprentice
                        • Oct 5 2011

Dan the color is called Tawny Mist in the Buick color chart. It's basically a champagne color, or metallic tan if there is such a thing. It's a factory 64 Buick color. In 65 it became champagne mist but it is slightly darker in 65. We know because the painter used the 65 color first and then had to strip and repaint. He wasn't real happy but it had to be correct.

Comment

• 1oldkid
                          Apprentice
                          • Oct 5 2011

I have the purse for display when I am at a car show. It has the 'Purse hook' option that was available on the car. It was a $2.95 option from Buick. Without the hook no one would even notice the chrome piece on the dash.

As I was nearing the end of the resto I asked my mother for a purse for a birthday gift one year. She gave me a funny look but I explained it was for the car. I wanted a mid 60's style, purse, sort of a Jackie O style that would go with the car. Now when my buddies and I get to a show they all yell for me to be sure and don't forget my purse!

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎