Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • skyliner57
    • Mar 22 2013

'62 Deck Lid limit switch actuator

Friend of mine has restored a '62 tbird convertable and now has asked me to fix it!!
    Problem is the deck lid tries to open before it is unlocked..(he was so happy that the deck closed and locked.. but couldent get it to open!!) After removing the cover between the front seat and package tray (was a challenge with the top up), and the back seat. Using the electrical drawings and some pictures on this forum (thank you guys) I jumped the deck lid unlock relay then opened the deck lid. Using my skyliner trouble shooting history I went for the deck lid limit switch and found there is NO ACTUATOR bracket installed..
    Does anyone out there have one they wish to part with/sell??
    Thanks
    Ken
  • skyliner57
    • Mar 22 2013

UP DATE... Thanks to "simplyconnected" I now have the correct part number for the missing part..
    number is C1SB 13A746-A; RH Actuator.. Thank you Dave....
    Ken

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

Ken, with all respect, it would seem to me that a little Michigan Hillbilly engineering could come up with this part with a simple hammer and drill. All it does is push on a Limit Switch.

Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• skyliner57
        • Mar 22 2013

Dave,,
        Michigan huh?,,,
        usnins hillbellys har en da berginnia hant get no simples hamer en dril..day dissapeered wen ourens sis went off witdth dat baddger far da nordth..

Just a little fun for a Sat. afternoon!!
        I was born in Iowa..owned business in Neb. for 20 yrs...

I agree with you Dave... plan on making one next week if one dosent surface sooner..

Thank you again for all your help..

Question.. how does one print only the pictures that are posted without having to print all that is showen on the web page?
        ken

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

Originally posted by skyliner57
          ...Question.. how does one print only the pictures that are posted without having to print all that is showen on the web page?..
          Ken, if you're using Windows, RIGHT click on the picture and "Save Picture as.." or "Print Picture".

If you're from Iowa, your computer should have all these corny features. (BTW, I was born in Chicago, a very looooong time ago.) - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• skyliner57
            • Mar 22 2013

Originally posted by simplyconnected
            Ken, if you're using Windows, RIGHT click on the picture and "Save Picture as.." or "Print Picture".

If you're from Iowa, your computer should have all these corny features. (BTW, I was born in Chicago, a very looooong time ago.) - Dave
            Thanks Dave

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎