X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Djweaz
    Experienced
    • Apr 14 2016

tail light wiring

here is a fun one. I have this diagram for hooking up my tail, brake & signals. would be great if thw wires had not been painted on or just where genurally discolored anybody have a different diagram? though it would still probably be of no use lol. feel like Im cracking a safe. one time i had all four lit with headlights on even got one brake light (drivers side inner) then my battery died because you have to have the lights on to test them. checking brake lights are a bear by yourself so i think I am goint to bting a mirror out behind the car.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by YellowRose; May 10, 2017, 03:04 PM.
    Rob
    1959 Thunderbird J-Code
    Tbird registry
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

I'm looking for a question, Rob. I see three identical wiring diagrams but no real question. Wiring in the trunk normally holds its color because it is not exposed to sunlight or engine heat.

I'd like to help but I don't know what you need.
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Djweaz
      Experienced
      • Apr 14 2016

So you are seeing the graphics? Some people say they aren't seeing it. Not really a question just a frustration. I've been trying to clean them off a little to see what color they once were. Looks like they got painted in the respray because they are white.
      Rob
      1959 Thunderbird J-Code
      Tbird registry

Comment

• jopizz
        Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I've been there before with the painted wires. Some lacquer thinner will take it right off. A mirror behind your car is a must when troubleshooting brake light problems.

John
        John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
        jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

tail light wiring

Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics. I am not, nor is Eric ~ DKheld, or Steve ~ Yadkin. If you can shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through this. Or you can call me at my number, 210-674-5781. I will be here for a little bit longer, but have to make a short trip out shortly.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Ickaber
            Apprentice
            • Mar 22 2013

Originally posted by YellowRose
            Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics.
            If the "graphics" are the wiring diagrams, Dave mentioned in his post that he sees them. I am also able to see them.

Comment

• DKheld
              Super-Experienced
              • Aug 27 2008

Maybe it's a Mozilla thing (problem) that's the browser I'm using rather than Internet Explorer etc. Shows that it should be a jpeg (.jpg). Usually don't have any trouble seeing those.

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

tail light wiring

I tried four different browsers and his graphic would not come up on any one of them. Apparently, he is using the [ATTACH] and a graphic id number statement in the text (I took it out and replaced the graphic from the Manage Attachments feature below the text box) and that is causing the problem it seems. Dave sent me the graphic file and once I added it from the Paid Members Additional Options section, Manage Attachments and uploaded it, it came up for me. After I took out the [ATTACH] statement..

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• DKheld
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Aug 27 2008

Yep - see it now.

Comment

• scumdog
                    Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Originally posted by jopizz
                    I've been there before with the painted wires. Some lacquer thinner will take it right off. A mirror behind your car is a must when troubleshooting brake light problems.

John
                    I use an appropriate length of 2"X1" timber wedged between the brake pedal and the front of the drivers seat.
                    I have an electric seat so once I have the wood in place I can push the button to move the seat forward enough to make the brake lights come on.
                    That way there's no twisting around, putting mirrors in place etc plus you can see if ALL the bulbs are working.

NB:
                    I padded the end of the wood with a folded rag taped onto the wood to minimise any chance of damaging the seat.
                    A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• jopizz
                      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

I like using a mirror because you can see exactly how much foot pressure it takes to turn the lights off and on.

John
                      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
                      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

Comment

• Djweaz
                        Experienced
                        • Apr 14 2016

Sorry Ray, I've just logged on. I didn't get out of bed yesterday as I was in too much pain and had to have my arm back in a sling it's strange that to some people it's seen and others aren't able to see it. I did it the same way as you showed me by using manage attachments. On the second post where there should be 2 I did one from attach and the other from manage attachments my number is615-861-0946 you can give me a call when you are able to I'm in the garage messing with the lights or getting ready to rather

Rob

Rob, I have not been able to talk with Dave to see if he is actually seeing your graphics. I am not, nor is Eric ~ DKheld, or Steve ~ Yadkin. If you can shoot me your phone number, I can call you and walk you through this. Or you can call me at my number, 210-674-5781. I will be here for a little bit longer, but have to make a short trip out shortly.
                        Rob
                        1959 Thunderbird J-Code
                        Tbird registry

Comment

• Djweaz
                          Experienced
                          • Apr 14 2016

Hey John, I'm going to try something different today going to close my garage door down to see just how well that works. My wife bought me a scweegy or how ever they are spelled. It's adjustable so I can fit it right in and tighten it to the length it needs to be at and put the scweegy part on the pedal. Works really well.
                          Originally posted by jopizz
                          I like using a mirror because you can see exactly how much foot pressure it takes to turn the lights off and on.

John
                          Rob
                          1959 Thunderbird J-Code
                          Tbird registry

Comment

• Djweaz
                            Experienced
                            • Apr 14 2016

That's also a good way you have to think outside the box when it comes to stuff like this and you are the only person around.
                            Originally posted by scumdog
                            I use an appropriate length of 2"X1" timber wedged between the brake pedal and the front of the drivers seat.
                            I have an electric seat so once I have the wood in place I can push the button to move the seat forward enough to make the brake lights come on.
                            That way there's no twisting around, putting mirrors in place etc plus you can see if ALL the bulbs are working.

NB:
                            I padded the end of the wood with a folded rag taped onto the wood to minimise any chance of damaging the seat.
                            Rob
                            1959 Thunderbird J-Code
                            Tbird registry

Comment

• Djweaz
                              Experienced
                              • Apr 14 2016

That is a good one Ray because when I did it both ways I saw the attach and the number of the picture file I actually went to my computer to do it and uploaded it from there.
                              I tried four different browsers and his graphic would not come up on any one of them. Apparently, he is using the [ATTACH] and a graphic id number statement in the text (I took it out and replaced the graphic from the Manage Attachments feature below the text box) and that is causing the problem it seems. Dave sent me the graphic file and once I added it from the Paid Members Additional Options section, Manage Attachments and uploaded it, it came up for me. After I took out the [ATTACH] statement..
                              Rob
                              1959 Thunderbird J-Code
                              Tbird registry

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎