X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BEVS BIRD
    Apprentice
    • Sep 30 2016

59 Bird Disc Brk Stuff

SOME PIX OF BRAKE HRDWRE INSTALLED also 14x5 1/2 RANGER RIM WITH 3 3/4 IN B/SPACE SLOTTED STYLE ..new location for temp guage in top of intake over water jacket..and new vac port in rear of int manifold for PCV and distr vac.. CHEERS TERRY
    Attached Files

Comment

• BEVS BIRD
      Apprentice
      • Sep 30 2016

rim/tire size

HI JOHN the posted max size for that rim is 195/75...I checked a couple tire siTes and thought i better put thatquestion out there to actual users..CHEERS TERRY

Comment

• BEVS BIRD
        Apprentice
        • Sep 30 2016

Finally Gave Up On 14 Inch Steel Rims For Disc Conversion

Well I finally reached my limit on tryin to get auto wrecker wheels, within 250 miles of my place..Ranger 14 inch and any early FORD disc wheels.. NOTHING LEFT. 2 good rims and 2 that were so badly rusted they were unsafe..and they were from a wrecker 200 miles north of me. .tried buying LOCALLY aftermarket, {to save US EXCHANGE AND SHIPPING TO CANADA}.. ...no luck...SO...putting on AMERICAN Torque thrust D 15inch and moving on...will post pix when i get them..made custom 3/16 inch lines for combo valve and installed 10 lb residual valve in rear line to control drum brake pull back from drums..weather here is gettin better and shd be able to rd test soon. CHEERS TERRY

Comment

• simplyconnected
          Administrator
          • May 26 2009

I hope it's not too late to say, just about all the 14" rims sold at summitracing.com fit disk brakes. They start at about $55 for steel. Perfect for using the OEM hubcaps. Several of our members went that route. - Dave
          Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
          --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• BEVS BIRD
            Apprentice
            • Sep 30 2016

Disc Brake Conversion New Wheels

Enough frustration with old parts....NEW 15 INCH AMERICAN TORQUE THRUST "D" ANTHACITE MAGS...225/70/R15 TIRES NICE..Gives the old Bird a new attitude Still much to do,, all brake hardware mocked up and now removed for final F/wall repaint in area where old M/C was leakin. rear E Brake cables seized..Looks like trans input seal leakin,and trans selector/throttle shaft seasl leak bad..More later CHEERS TERRY
            Attached Files

Comment

• KENN
              Experienced
              • Aug 6 2015

I Like It !
              WHITE 60 HARDTOP AND 54 FORD SEDAN CUSTOMLINE TBIRD REGISTRY #61860 920-286-2277

Comment

• simplyconnected
                Administrator
                • May 26 2009

What, are you kidding me? I love the wheels AND the tires. It sure beats tires that sit on the pavement. Those are the same size tires my Mustang GT wore. They were great.

On one of my trips to Chicago, I saw a classic Chevy on the expressway. It was typical for the south side; low stance, tires on the ground, pom-poms around the back-lite... All of a sudden he came up on a pothole. BAM-BAM!

The car hobbled to the shoulder with two bent rims and trashed tires. One spare wouldn't do much good and it had to cost him a bundle to replace. It made me more appreciative of the Ford Escape I was driving w/factory shoes that easily negotiate road holes.

Anthracite: Hard coal, really black, found deep under Pennsylvania mountains.
                Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• OX1
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Feb 10 2016

Originally posted by KENN
                  I Like It !
                  Me too!!! I want to keep mine stock looking, but
                  if I ever did add some nice wheels, I think those
                  would be it.

Nice and retro and not gaudy, which
                  I think kills the look of old cars.
                  59-430-HT

Comment

• Tbird1044
                    Super-Experienced
                    • Jul 31 2012

Nice look and another big plus is that they won't be hard to clean with the dust from the disc brakes. ;-)
                    Nyles

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎