X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

1959 or 1960 Thunderbird radio wanted

I am looking for a 1959 or 1960 Thunderbird radio head unit. These radios have the white background with black numbers. I do not need a working radio, nor does it need to have the chrome bezel or knobs. In fact, I only need the front of the head unit, the internals are unimportant.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

RE: 1959 or 1960 Thunderbird radio wanted

Alexander, last week I placed a '58/'59 radio on Ebay, item 1876502342, you might want to look at it. The faceplate, bezel and radio are generally in great shape. The pushbutton covers need re-chrome but the rest of the radio looks very good. Sorry won't sell just the dial number plate. I would not be suprised if the radio works, the '58 that it came out of was in very nice shape and was purchased from an individual that had chosen it for restoration. Unfortunately I don't do projects, I like them running, and this one was more than I wanted to tackle. I've got most of two parts cars so let me know if there is anything else you need, I'm only placing a chosen few parts on Ebay. Thanks. Steve

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

Steve,

Thanks for posting. What is the year of the other Squarebird you are parting out?

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

I am parting out a 1958 Hardtop that is in really great shape. I almost feel guilty taking it apart. The previous owner had started a partial dissambly and restoration. I also have a 1959 Hardtop that I am parceling out, it is in OK shape but would be a big project to restore. The '59 has all mechanical components still intact but the body and interior are rough, it was driven on a 600 trip just prior to being parked. I also have a 1975 Big Bird that I have not started on yet but it is also going to be sold as parts. The 1975 is a mystery, I know no history on the car but hope to put the 460 and tranny into my '60 Hardtop which currently has a 1962 390 in it. Let me know what you need, I am listing some parts on Ebay but generally only pulling parts as I get requests. Reach me at sdc47us@yahoo.com, I don't always check the forums but answer my Email daily. Steve :+

Comment

• tarps3
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 21 2003

I know this is an old post, but if you are still looking for a radio, I have one.
          I don't know if it works (might be the amp) but it looks great. I replaced both the radio and amp with another set-up.
          Like I said, it looks very nice with good chrome and a nice face.
          let me know.
          Casey
          Casey

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎