X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • GTE427
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 9 2007

Generator mounting Bracket Alignment

Wanted to post a Lincoln Service Bulletin, 1959 Eng-Fuel System Number 17, showing spacer requirements on the generator bracket depending a various combinations of block and front cover.

On John Orwin's engine build page he noted that his required spacers. John replaced his front cover with one from another car and had to align his bracket. Ford was aware of this.
    Attached Files
    Ken
    1959 J Convertible
    1960 J Hardtop
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

There has been much discussion about generator/alternator brackets. This Service Bulletin makes official, what hot rodders and mechanics have known all along: Line-up your pulleys so the belt runs straight and true.

I don't mean to discount the SB, because the information within is very important regardless of what type of electrical dyno you install. I will say this too; V-belt alignment may be off quite a bit before it makes a difference. If it looks straight, that should be good enough.

Every retrofit/conversion to an alternator I ever did, required tweaking using spacers or a washer for final alignment. Just my two cents. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎