X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • olevet
    Experienced
    • Jan 28 2015

2 questions ?

#1 were the fender skirts an OPTION on the 60?
    #2 I dont have the original "Cruisamatic
    is that just an FX ? and will the Old round Bellhousing C6 work in its place without giving me Fits on the linkage?
    Thanks
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Yes, fender skirts were an option. If you have the skirt pins installed then it came with skirts. If not, then it didn't.

The cruise-o-matics used on Thunderbirds were MX not FX. The C6 bell housing will bolt up fine. The linkage should not be a major issue. The transmission mount will need some modification though.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• olevet
      Experienced
      • Jan 28 2015

Originally posted by jopizz
      Yes, fender skirts were an option. If you have the skirt pins installed then it came with skirts. If not, then it didn't.

The cruise-o-matics used on Thunderbirds were MX not FX. The C6 bell housing will bolt up fine. The linkage should not be a major issue. The transmission mount will need some modification though.

John
      Thanks for the response, Like Ive said my folks bot this bird when I was just a young teen. I dont remember skirts on it but was not sure .

Probably going to go with the C6 simply becuase they are easier to install
      I remember trying to Fight the FX style on to the converter

Im sure Ill have a million more questions aftre i get it back from the Beauty shop and start trying to get it all back together.

Comment

• simplyconnected
        Administrator
        • May 26 2009

Make sure you match the flex plate with the starter for any given trans.
        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎