Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 60 T-Bird
    Experienced
    • Jun 2 2010

Thanx Anders and Yellowrose. It is a modified Tangerine Metallic. With the flash it appears a little light but under a setting sun or garage light it is more a copper tone with tangerine highlights. Angelina is becoming rather sexy! Certainly different from when I started. My girlfriend is already showing signs of jealousy.
    "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

• Dakota Boy
      Super-Experienced
      • Jun 30 2009

"You spend more time with your car than you do with me."

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that sentence.....
      http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
        Experienced
        • Jun 2 2010

Originally posted by Dakota Boy
        "You spend more time with your car than you do with me."

If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that sentence.....
        The conversation went a little like this...

Her: I'm afraid that your going to spend all your time in the garage when the car comes back from the painter.
        Me: (silence)
        Her: I'm afraid the car will be more important than our relationtionship.
        Me: (silience)
        Her: You know it's only a car...right?
        Her: We never talk anymore.
        Me: (silence) and rolling my eyes...
        Last edited by 60 T-Bird; March 17, 2011, 03:48 PM.
        "Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"

Comment

• Dakota Boy
          Super-Experienced
          • Jun 30 2009

Cars dont drag you to shopping malls.....

Cars dont complain about you drinking too much beer on weekends.....

Cars dont care if you look like a dirty hobo when you're with them....

http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33517

Comment

• Anders
            Super-Experienced
            • Jan 19 2008

Originally posted by 60 T-Bird
            The conversation went a little like this...

Her: I'm afraid that your going to spend all your time in the garage when the car comes back from the painter.
            Itīs not just your girlfriend. Itīs a global issue.
            Told mine that she got a bigger house than the car. Didnīt work.
            sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
            http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Her: I'm afraid that your going to spend all your time in the garage when you start working on her.
              Me: I walk by Christine and gentle run my hand down the side following her fine lines!
              Her: Wife is on my heals and gives Christine an evil look and says B!#$H
              Richard D. Hord

Comment

Hey Martin,
                THAT IS ONE AWESOME COLOR!!!
                Richard D. Hord

Comment

• keith
                  Super-Experienced
                  • Feb 13 2010

Martin , the color is fantastic. Is the top the same color?
                  Keith
                  Sedalia, Mo.
                  sigpic
                  CLICK HERE for Keith's web site

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
                    Experienced
                    • Jun 2 2010

I'm getting a good laugh from all the resposes. We could start a new catagory..."Mistress Cars". I bring "Her" home tomorrow. The girlfriend has vowed to stay at her flat so (as she says) I can "bond" with Angelina. So I have decided when I close the garage door, I will lock the house, turn off the phone and take a bottle with two glasses into the garage and dim the lights!
                    I will post more pictures in the coming days. The top is a slightly off white.
                    I do have a question however...Next will be Angelina's interior. I noticed headliners are available in black, white and bone. I think mine was bone. I had never heard of a "white" one. Anyone have any input on this?

Comment

Hi Martin the majority were white, it's actually off white. Bone was quite a rare headliner colour.
                      This pic is of the one I just fitted to my '60 it is white

Richard
                      Attached Files

Comment

• DKheld
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Aug 27 2008

I had to replace the headliner in my car thanks to some mice. Ordered one from Concours (I think) in white. It was waaaay whiter than what was in there and not the same grain. Not what I wanted at all. Took my original headliner to a local upholstery shop and he matched the color and grain much closer than the one I ordered. Cost about 20% more than the one I ordered but I am much happier with it. Also got some nylon or polyester batting and added it above the headliner when I put mine back up for a little sound deadening and heat blocking - it did help.

You will not be able to re-staple the headliner to the tack strips with an electric stapler - I tried three different ones. The guy that made the headliner loaned me his air stapler and it went very easy. Took one of my original staples to him and he handed me a box full to fill his air stapler - been a while - don't remember the length - took everything back to him the next day (with a tip).

The headliner bars are different and have colors marked on them - just pay attention to how they come out. The bars also have little caps on the ends to fit in the bar holders - don't let them fall down through the cracks where you can't get them - they are made out of unobtainium.

Eric
                        registry 5347

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
                          Experienced
                          • Jun 2 2010

"they are made out of unobtainium".

Eric
                          registry 5347[/quote]

Fortunately. I am a Toolmaker/Machinist. Now I'm really wondering which to get...white or bone. I definitely do not want a white-white. Hopefully a few more guys chime in.

Comment

• YellowRose
                            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Finally doing the body work

Here is what the VTCI Official Factory Specifications sez about the headliner...

Headliner - Closed Cars
                            Perforated vinyl w/pleats at top bows; 6 top bows; See 7.1.5.11 - As original

1958-1960 (except w/Beige Leather Interior) - Off-white vinyl

1960 w/Beige Leather Interior - Beige vinyl

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
                            The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
                            Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
                            Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
                            https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Anders
                              Super-Experienced
                              • Jan 19 2008

I would go for the white or black, but it depends on what color you have in the rest of the interior. With tangerine & white exterior, a black or a black / white interior can be very cool, and than itīs a question if you want to have a light or dark interior. The white headliner, or off-white reflects more light to the rest of the interior. I canīt realy think of any reason to have a liner in bone to be honest. Your exterior sparke, but a bone headline donīt.
                              Last edited by Anders; March 20, 2011, 01:10 AM.
                              sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
                              http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

• 60 T-Bird
                                Experienced
                                • Jun 2 2010

The plot thickens!!!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎