X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 430bird60
    Experienced
    • Dec 30 2008

Removing Trim Above Rear Seat

This is the piece of trim between the rear seat and the package tray. I have removed the screws at the bottom of the tray. It looks like there is a sealant between the trim and package tray. I will try to remove the sealant. I'm wondering if there are any more screws that need to be removed and if the trim pulls straight toward the front of the car or if the trim has a lip and needs to be lifted up toward the top of the car? The sealant does not appear to be original. Pretty lousy job of sealing. If anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Ken
  • 430bird60
    Experienced
    • Dec 30 2008

Removing Trim Above Rear Seat

Well, obviously I didn't read my post prior to submitting my question. I did not remove any screws from the package tray. They were removed from the bottom of the trim. Thanks again for any help.

Ken

Comment

• Tbird1044
      Super-Experienced
      • Jul 31 2012

Sorry to tell you, but you need to remove the package tray, as there screws under that sealant/weatherstrip holding the panel in. I'll attach some pics and hope they help.
      Nyles
      Attached Files

Comment

• 430bird60
        Experienced
        • Dec 30 2008

Thanks Nyles. From what I am seeing from inside the trunk, it looks like there are two brackets at the extreme edges of the packing tray that need to be removed. Am I missing other brackets or screws? Am I looking at issues with the rear window rubber? Thanks for your input.

Ken

Comment

• Tbird1044
          Super-Experienced
          • Jul 31 2012

Ken:
          The package tray is held in with 3 long sheet metal screws in the middle and 2 machine thread nuts on the ends. I think the brackets go on the end 2 studs, but couldn't swear to that. Anyway, there should be 5 fasteners holding the package tray.
          Also the screws under the package tray, holding in the upper seat trim, are not under the weatherstrip, but directly behind it.
          Also, the rear window rubber seal should not affect removal of the package tray, unless somebody poured a lot of sealer back there trying to stop leaks.
          Nyles
          Attached Files

Comment

• 430bird60
            Experienced
            • Dec 30 2008

Thanks Nyles. I'll get back at it this afternoon.

Ken

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎