X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • inheritance
    Apprentice
    • Aug 2 2007

Cruise-o-matic Temp. Control Cable

The cable to my Temperature adjustment, LO - HI , has broken off at the lever. I can still get a pair of pliers on the end of the cable, though even with high exertion pulling the cable outwards...it seems as though it is binded.

I traced it as best as i could, and with removal of much of the glove box area I found that it seems to go inside of the heater core and dissapear.

I have no heat, and i am blaming it on this cable being stuck in the LO position, instead of being able to move to HI...obviously.

I have no way of getting the cable to pull out any farther it seems galded in some way...possible inside the core itself.

anyone have any suggestions here?
    59 - 390 Super Marauder- Hickory Tan Registry= http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33831
  • inheritance
    Apprentice
    • Aug 2 2007

No idea on why I posted Cruise-o-matic

The system I am referring to is Ford's MagicAire System.
    59 - 390 Super Marauder- Hickory Tan Registry= http://www.tbirdregistry.com/viewdat...ryNumber=33831

Comment

There is a valve on the side of your heater core that controls the flow of water through the heater core.That cable controls the valve.Those valves are prone to leaking and creating quite a mess.
      Alot of the guy's including myself have had the valve removed(I had a shop rebuild my core and weld the holes for the valve $100) and install an external valve inline from the intake manifold under the hood and run a cable to the Hi-Lo control.I believe a 68 F-100 control valve will work.You can buy it at your local auto parts store.
      Not to hard of a project.Remove the trim under the glove box,Magic air faceplate and cowling/duct covering the heater.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎