No announcement yet.

Finally!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

The bird is back on the road! Engine swapped to a 390, electronic ignition added. After engine was swapped the master cylinder seal failed and sucked brake fluid through everything. Had a hard time after changing fluids and cleaning left me with a very rough running motor. Turns out a diaphragm in the carb went about the same time and complicated things for me. Drover it for about 200 miles today after rebuilding the carb, new vacuum booster and master cylinder. Finally after a couple years worth of tinkering it is roadworthy. Time to switch the detente plate and finish some interior work, but listening to is run right for the first time since I bought it almost made me shed a tear....
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Congrats. Hopefully you get many years of enjoyment out of it.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• scumdog
      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Well done - perseverance pays off!

Enjoy some cruising before winter.
      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
        Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Harvey that is good to hear and the interior will be easier. Have you ordered the detent plate off our site?
        Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
        Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Yes

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
          Harvey that is good to hear and the interior will be easier. Have you ordered the detent plate off our site?
          Yes I have ordered that and got the tools and tutorials looked up. Just need a weekend a little ways out to get that going. Need the door panels replaced and the rear deck. Trunk has been done as has seats and dash, although I would like to re-do the front two in leather keeping the same color. At least other than the leaf springs and and detent I should mostly keep it on the road during that time.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎