• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baronsass
    Apprentice
    • Jun 14 2016

Brake overhaul 1958 - valve eccentric

Hello,
    Canadian T-Birder here - new to the forum with what I'm hoping is an old (read: easy to fix) problem. I'm in the middle of a brake overhaul for my 58. It has the under-dash booster. The issue I'm having is with a "valve adjusting eccentric". It looks like a little sleeve with a hole in it to accommodate a bolt. I need one, as well as the little springs that attach to it. I'm having a devil of a time tracking one down. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I'd be much obliged as many of the standard go-to suppliers don't seem to have this aggravating little part. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • DKheld
    Super-Experienced
    • Aug 27 2008

Welcome!

I'd check with Carl Heller here on the forum id ( partsetal ). He has quite a few Tbird parts cars and may have a Kelsey-Hayes parts booster. Ordered quite a few items from him and highly recommend his services.

Second call would be to Power Brake Booster Exchange (aka Booster Dewey). He rebuilds them and would be likely to have the part. They have rebuilt two boosters for me and the last one is still in service 10+ years later - working fine.
    Power Brake Booster Exchange rebuilds vacuum brake boosters and supplies hard-to-find booster parts. Find out more about our services online today.

Hope that helps and I'd love to see a few pictures of your car when you have time.

Eric

Comment

• jopizz
      Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

Carl is the one you want to contact when it comes to squarebird parts. Send him a PM or email.

John
      John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
      jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• baronsass
        Apprentice
        • Jun 14 2016

Brilliant! Thanks gents.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡