X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jldevlin
    Apprentice
    • Apr 11 2009

Carb for 59 352 Motor

Hi People, i could not believe my luck, i found a red and white complete Tbird about a mile away from my place, this will be a parts car for my main bird, it is rusted pretty bad but is complete, In my car there is a 352 out of a 61 galaxy but I have a complete and apparently very good running interceptor 352 in my parts car, it has not run in 5 years but I have started the process to get it running, the carb is a autolite 830 but is badly oxidized and well not functional, can someone here tell me a good replacement to get that the 352 ran fine with, I am looking for a 4V of course.

Hey John,
    Thought about getting four barrel carburetor refurbished?
    Richard D. Hord

Comment

The Ford 4100 series carb is probably the best and simplest carb ever built. That is what came on the 60 birds and is very hard to beat.

Comment

• byersmtrco
        Super-Experienced
        • Sep 28 2004

The other option is the Edelbrock 1406 (W/elec choke)
        Pretty bulletproof (I've had one on my car for 20 + yrs)
        Good mileage, perf etc.
        Slight mods (fuel line)
        However if you can get a GOOD rebuilder to do the 4100 and re-bush the throttle shafts and flow test it, I'm sure it would work great. Then, you're all original with the stove choke (which works fine when adj properly)

My dad ran a Holley 780 on it for years. It ran fat, but would fly.

There are options out there.

Comment

• barrysmith
          Experienced
          • Aug 28 2008

Yep, I am curently running a Holley 750 double pumper, mechanical secondaries, and it will move it along pretty good.

I had a holley 650 but she was starving on take off because of the weind single plane intake and head modifications.

Wish I had kept my original intake, but she did shed afew pounds with thealuminum one.

There are numerous carbs that will fit and run fine as long as you do not go over 750-780 cfm, unless you do engine mods.

You will probably be better off and less expensive to rebuild the one you have.
          Last edited by barrysmith; October 16, 2010, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Rigormortor
            Experienced
            • Mar 5 2010

My 59 has a 4100, I just rebuilt this past week. Did the 4100 come on the 59's?
            On Cardomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3841411

Comment

• jldevlin
              Apprentice
              • Apr 11 2009

thank you

Got back into town tonight, I appreciate the feedback, I have thought about getting it rebuilt but sometimes they really soak you up here for such things, craigslist is great for deals so I thought I would ask around as I don't want to over carb the car so ask first then buy...grin...I am very happy with this parts car I picked up, I am finally going to get a windshield without scratches all over it, woohoo, I ordered a cutting wire off of ebay to cut this one out, the roof liner is clean and perfect, too bad the door panels are warped but I will order new ones when I sell off the parts car when I am done.many other good things I need or want hhehehe

Comment

• drclarkra
                Apprentice
                • Aug 4 2006

4100 carb

I'ld stay with the 4100. I just rebuilt mine. Get a gallon of cab cleaner at Autozone and a $50.00 kit and you should have good luck. the 4100 is pretty special. You can take the top of the carb off while the car is running and adjust the floats. Wierd huh? the key is keeping the float stops and the seats mated up as you can get gas past those if they don't seat well. I have found that is what has been bad on mine.
                Birdman

Comment

• Rigormortor
                  Experienced
                  • Mar 5 2010

I rebuilt mine but the rich/lean screws are shot..... I can adjust and get 20 inches of vacuum at idle but if you close the choke the car wont run, even if you try starting the car cold with the choke closed it will not start. So like my 59 Dodge you have to run the carb with the choke wide open at all times. I just bought a fresh rebuilt 4100 and should get it tomorrow.
                  On Cardomain - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3841411

Comment

Working...
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎