No announcement yet.

Found a great book at the store

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a great book at the store

T-Bird 45 years of thunder by John Gunnell & James T. Lenzke. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books
    Quite a good book at my 1st glance. One interresting note is that there were 2 1960 Thunderbirds made with Stainless steel bodies and trim. These were made at the very end of the production run since the hard metal destoyed the dies used in production. These were produce in a joint venture between Ford and Allegheny-Ludlum Steel Corp. These cars are still know to exist. The one of them that they mention had 130,000 miles on the odometer when the engine was rebuilt. I will try to scan these articles later. In the mean time if you don't have the book, Get a copy.
  • SandyBoy
    Super-Experienced
    • Oct 31 2002

RE: Found a great book at the store

One of the stainless was in Pa., a number of years ago, for sale. I still have the black & white Hemming's adv.

Comment

Found more about these cars on their website. http://www.alleghenyludlum.com/pages...nlesscars.html

Comment

• SandyBoy
        Super-Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Interesting, Bill! I never knew about the Stainless Steel Lincoln Town Car !!

Comment

• Alexander
          Webmaster
          • Oct 30 2002

Bill,

Thanks for the link. That's a great article on the stainless steel car. Most people think the Delorean is the first stainless steel car.

Alexander
          1959 Hardtop
          1960 Golde Top
          Alexander
          1959 Hard Top
          1960 Golde Top
          sigpic

Comment

I love little known stuff like that. The best part is that an example of all three are in the auto museum in Cleveland. Thats only about 1.25 hours from my door. I forsee a road trip in the near future with a camera of course. I must venture to see these shining beauties for myself.

Comment

• Alexander
              Webmaster
              • Oct 30 2002

Bill,

Be sure to lots of pictures. I would love to put them on the main part of this website.

Thanks,
              Alexander
              1959 Hardtop
              1960 Golde Top
              Alexander
              1959 Hard Top
              1960 Golde Top
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰