Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 bolt to 8 bolt

Will a 14 bolt exhaust adapt to an 8?
    found a pair of 390GT heads with a 14 bolt pattern.My manifolds are 8
    Is it safe to drill and tap holes to adapt my exhaust as long as we dont go to deep.
    Are there exhaust for the squarebirds that will bolt to a GT
    Last edited by Guest; July 19, 2007, 12:46 AM.
  • FeFranco
    Experienced
    • Jan 13 2007

I believe they will not. You may have to drill in 4 new holes. You may want to talk to Stan at FPA in Washington (close by) and see if his TBird headers would work with 14 bolt heads. FYI, they are about $700 and may not be that easy of an installation, but they sure look good when you pop the hood! What is the status of your EDC heads?

Comment

I believe it's the valve seals.Maybe a burnt valve.
      Getting oil in the front 2 cylinders on the pass.side.
      Smokes pretty good.Mostly when its warm.
      I can pick up a set of c6ae-u in great shape for $100 or 390 gt c8ae-h with new valves for $250.Claims 334hp but are 14 bolt pattern.
      Wouldn't the HP's be better?
      I can install one of these and have mine redone?

Comment

• FeFranco
        Experienced
        • Jan 13 2007

The c6ae-u heads have a small chamber (67-70cc) which you will have to determine weather or not they will work for you. They may have a different location for the exhaust ports too, so your exhaust manifolds MIGHT not work (check first). Since they have smaller ports they may have more compression (power), but you may ping with 91 octain. These heads are are nothing special and common for '66, '67 352's, 390's.

Comment

Gonna try and replace the seals and see if that works and rebuild this winter.Should I search for new(better )heads?
          Or rebuild my edc-e heads?

Comment

• FeFranco
            Experienced
            • Jan 13 2007

Here are 2 #'s of machine shops that have good knowledge for FE heads, they are located in Seattle. Bliss Performance (253) 847-2742 and Aire Research (253) 848-1628. I have not delt with them personally, but it wouldn't hurt for you to give them a call.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎