No announcement yet.

vents in front of windshield

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

vents in front of windshield

Hi everyone. I'm going to wrap my 63 and am wondering if the vents are for more than windshield washer fluid. There are very many slots and I would like to cover this up.
  • fordrodsteven
    • Sep 24 2016

The vents are there for a reason. Ford Motor Co. would not go through the added expense of putting in the vents if they were not needed. My first guess is that the vents are there to help some of the heat escape from the engine compartment and thus aid in preventing you car from running hot and overheating. It probably also helps keep the area at the front of the interior cooler. If the vents are not used to assist in cooling the engine compartment & interior they are possibly utilized as air intake for the heating - A/C system. I don't think you should just block them off. If you want the look I suggest you find another way to route the air that those vents are used for doing.
    Steve
    1955 Thunderbird project in process
    Tee-bird registry # 63034
    CTCI member #37081

Comment

• Yadkin
      Banned
      • Aug 11 2012

Ahead of the windshield and behind the hood are cowl vents. These cover the plenum that supplies fresh air to the passenger compartment.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎