X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"YellowRose" Is Back Home!

Rose came home from the Interior shop yesterday afternoon! She is back resting in the garage. They cleaned her up pretty well, but she needs more attention. However, if all goes well later today, I will drive her across town to the So. Texas Tbird Club meeting and surprise the gang. I took her to the Bingo hall, where I play at once a week. They have been wanting to see her. They were excited and pleased to see her. They think she looks beautiful and really like what she looks like inside now. I had a number of others stop to look at her the short time I was there. I also had some offers to buy her, but I told them that she was not for sale.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Anders
    Super-Experienced
    • Jan 19 2008

Enjoy Ray!
    sigpic..."Lil darling Ruth":)
    http://www.tbirdregistry.com/#33158

Comment

Always good when baby comes ...

home. Sounds like you had a good time showing her off Ray. Just one of the reasons we go through all these things others might think of as a new form of self inflicted pain, but then again those people aren't gear heads and don't share are particular neurosis. Mike

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Good to hear that your Baby is back Home Ray.
        we're all looking forward to the next step in Roses' Life.
        Also good to hear that you're getting good feedback, & so you should.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

Hey Ray,
          Congratulations! You have something there to be mighty proud of. Hope you and everyone enjoys her. The new Yellow Rose Of Texas!!!
          Richard D. Hord

Comment

• JohnG
            John
            • Jul 28 2003

Ray, you must be knockin' em dead with that wonderful car!!
            Not only is it beautiful but a one-of-a-kind! I hope you get many, many pleasurable hours from it.

John
            1958 Hardtop
            #8452 TBird Registry
            http://tbird.info/registry/DataSheet...r~equals~8452)

photo: http://www.squarebirds.org/users/joh...d_June2009.jpg
            history:
            http://www.squarebirds.org/users/johng/OCC.htm

Comment

• YellowRose
              Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

"YellowRose" Is Back Home!

I had quite a time this afternoon. I got away from here a bit later than I wanted to. I had neighbors come across the street to see the interior and trunk before I could get away. Then I had to stop and gas up. While there, I was getting thumbs up and "I love your Tbird, Dude" comments while filling up. As I was driving, I was getting thumbs up, and people rolling down their windows and hollering at me that they loved my car. Going up IH-35 to our meeting, I had people behind me taking pictures of me ahead of them on their cell phone cameras. Some even drove up next to me on either side and the passengers were giving me thumbs up signs and nice car comments.

It was pretty windy here today, and I had to watch my driving. The old power steering on these Birds does not compare to the newer power steering we have today. She drove well though, stayed cool, and I drove with the windows down because it was nice out. I got lost getting there, and had to backtrack a bit to find our new meeting place, so I was about 20-25 minutes late getting there. There were going around the room when I got there, each telling what they owned in the way of a Tbird. When it got to my time, I told them I had a '59 Tbird, "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" or "Tweety Bird", as she is becoming to be known. And that she was parked out front! That got their attention. They have only seen her once, I think, and that was shortly after I got her.

So after the meeting, we went out to look her over and I open her up, trunk, and engine bay, and they loved what they saw. They thought she was beautifully done. Lou Paliani said he thought that was the best ever interior job he had ever seen. Coming from the 8 year president of VTCI, that is quite the complement because he has probably seen thousands of Tbirds on display during judging. Danny is going to love that! They loved what I had done with the interior and the trunk. They thought the dashpad was neat, as was the roses. They loved the trunk the way it was done, and got a kick out of my yellow jack box, with the yellow jack parts laid out in it. They also like the idea we came up with on keeping the trunk lid up so you can see the big Tbird there, which they thought was a really neat thing. Then the wind caught the trunk lid, bent the bottle opener, causing the lid to shut some. I thought that was going to work, but I am going to have to find a piece of steel, like a chisel with a sharp end on it, to slip between the coils. That should never bend! I have one I never use, so if it works, it might be the new replacement.

After they left, and as I was about to leave, more people pulled up to go into eat and saw my car. So I spent about another half an hour there letting them look it over. They all thought it was the neatest thing they had seen, loved the interior and the trunk, and the chrome dress up kit on the engine. On my way back home, I was getting more thumbs up, and more "Great looking car, Dude" comments from people driving by me. I also got some honks, but I was not sure that was because I was going to slow for them, or they were honking because they liked what they were seeing. Probably both!

Thanks for all the nice comments. Much appreciated!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
              The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
              Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
              Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
              https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Ray I am sure you are happy to get her back home. It has been a long arduous journey that started with your vision of Yellowrose ( AKA Tweety Bird) but by all accounts, Danny yourself and the boys did an outstanding job.Your committment and upgrades to this classic, will certainly attract many lookers and hopefully some new Thunderbird owners / members. It should certainly grace our 2011 squarebird.org calendar, for all to see this restoration.
                Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                Thunderbird Registry
                58HT #33317
                60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
                  It should certainly grace our 2011 squarebird.org calendar, for all to see this restoration.
                  Ray, I second Dan's motion that you get your bird in the 2011 calendar, perhaps a 4-part pic with the doors and trunk opened up wide and close up shots of the all the detail work inside. All in favor, say Aye!

Comment

Ray
                    Good Things come to those who wait for them, You had a dream of what you wanted and the dream came true, I hope you have many good hours driving and showing your Dream. I alos agree with Dan and Jed about putting your car on the clanader with many pictures.
                    God Bless
                    Bob

Comment

• Dutchbird
                      Experienced

• Dec 20 2005

Hi Ray,

Congrats on YellowRose back home!
                      Are you living in your garage now or do you still find the doorknob of the house sometimes?
                      Great job to make it your car, enjoy it!!!

(Can't wait to order the 2011 calendar)

Comment

• simplyconnected
                        Administrator
                        • May 26 2009

It tickles me that you have a one-of-a-kind classic Thunderbird. Congratulations... Very, very nice. Indeed, many stop to look at such a beauty. Keep close tabs on her. Alarms are ok, but I would put a fuel shut-off hidden somewhere. Jumpering the electrical is a lot easier than jumping a fuel line.

How soon before your brake job? Howard Prout is shooting for next weekend or so. - Dave
                        Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
                        --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Penelope
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Mar 4 2008

Aye to the calendar vote! I know we all have these cars for personal enjoyment but doesnt it just make your day when someone else enjoys it enough to comment. Sounds like you had a day full of vindication Ray, well done!
                          sigpicBill
                          Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

• byersmtrco
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Sep 28 2004

Nice Ray !!!

You mean . . . you didn't install a roll up door on the side of your house to keep her in the living room? She's outside in a cold garage?

Ha ha ha !!

Comment

Hey Ray,
                              John has got a good ideal there. Christine sleeps right below me in the basement I like keeping my women close to me
                              Richard D. Hord

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎