No announcement yet.

60 TBIRD SUNROOF PART NEEDED

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

60 TBIRD SUNROOF PART NEEDED

Hi, I just bought a 60 red/white tbird with a sunroof. The car is great but the sunroof was stuck. I finally got the sunroof headliner off and without removing the main section was able to see that all parts look good and were functioning except the passenger side Ramp Insert. the set screw was missing and front screw hole was stripped. Anyway, do you know of any place that might sell the RAMP INSERT with the screws? I try the thunderbird ranch but didn't see any on their website. Also checked MACauto parts.
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: 60 TBIRD SUNROOF PART NEEDED

Golde Top parts are hard to come by. You can occaisionally find these pieces used. Call the vendors on our list at http://www.squarebirds.org/links_squarebirds.htm to see if anyone has it.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

RE: 60 TBIRD SUNROOF PART NEEDED

Hi:
      Hopefully this might come in handy to any Tbird sunroofer out there: Obviously you need to study the design to see how it actually works first.

I was able to find the set screw at Ace hardware. Not exact the correct lenght but it worked. The major thing that caused the roof from sliding was the previous owner wrapped and glued the vinyl headliner (flexible metal insert) over the insert on the tracks were it was suppose to glide on. Therefore, it snaged and pulled at the headliner. I carefully got a razor blade and a steel ruler and cut away the excess vinyl so that the insert could slide freely in the track. I also had to re-glue a few spots. It works great now.

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎