• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • del
    Retired Expert Enthusiast
    • May 11 2010

cover top for 2" square spacer?

Originally posted by Randy
    O my that wall didn't have a chance, Terri is always the best.
    Hi Randy - Not to get off the subject...but...what did you use for the tops on your 2"square spacers for your power booster. I hunted high and low at my local home depot but couldn't find anything. I thought that there was a post sometime backthat you found something at HD but had to modify ?
    Regards,
    Don Vincent
    Amherst NY
    1960 HT 352
    TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• simplyconnected
      Administrator
      • May 26 2009

I think you're right, Don. If memory serves me, I believe he found a fence post cap made of plastic.

I never heard of such a thing but hey, what I don't know is immense. They're always coming up with new stuff. - Dave
      Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
      --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• Randy
        Experienced
        • Dec 21 2015

hey Don yes its a post cap i took a picture, Iv seen different ones that i think would work better made out of softer rubber, i had to cut the fins off of these so there just sitting my next mod. Ill leave little more on so it stay put ....[IMG]20170626_180538 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] ...[IMG]20170626_180525 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] ..
        i just look up a found them on Amazon ,Called 2" Square plastic plug for tubing, . comes in a 4 pack and
        I needed the extra too, just went out and found this to show you
        cant believe i found it, i don't like the first ones I cut too much off. O and say Thanks To Dave I would have seen this for a few days , I got 15 hours today im beat up, sat. I drove by Nyles house 4 times it took me 20 hours. and Thursday Im doing back, and now hear this I rent the our house told them they can move in 1 of sept, Ouch Im not done with drywall yet 30 shets i did start mud, or the right wheel, Somebody shoot me!! just kidding maybe in the foot (the one that hurts all time) latter Squares Im gone.[IMG]20170626_124934 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]
        Last edited by Randy; June 26, 2017, 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling
        "You're never too old to become younger".! (M. West)
        Randy's Save the Bird Foundation in Beautiful Fallbrook, California

!.This is the Greatest Square on Earth.!

Comment

• del
          Retired Expert Enthusiast
          • May 11 2010

Thanks Randy! Looks like your drywall work is coming right along and looking good!!
          Regards,
          Don Vincent
          Amherst NY
          1960 HT 352
          TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• Randy
            Experienced
            • Dec 21 2015

Hello Squares how it going, just some pic. posting said it better than i can.
            [IMG]DSC03888 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]I got the right all back together ,now just tow it home.!
            [IMG][url=https://flic.kr/p/YVqaQD]............................................................ .....................I will clean it up like the other side later...................................[IMG]DSC03890 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]......................................................strang e use of hammers, they where handy is all. [IMG]DSC03898 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]......................................................here I'm clamping on the sawbar the new rubber not cooperating.............[IMG]DSC03904 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]...................................................[IMG]DSC03908 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]...................................................[IMG]DSC03916 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]...................................................I got the wheels and tires off craglist for $100. and now .

Comment

• Randy
              Experienced
              • Dec 21 2015

I had to lift bird higher first attempt didn't fare so well. I have been at it all day and this car is the last to get over to the property , that swaybar put a big hurt on me, (and today my legs feel the pain) But I had in my mind to get all done that day, so all was left is to tow it home. and a BIG thanks to Dave Dare who with a emergency call for Help , Dave put my wheel hub on and help find missing washer , I was so fazzled and stove-up, Dave help calm me and we found the part we needed . Yay made my day. I know it sounds simple to those who are familiar with wheel bearings and what could be hard about putting on one suspension bar, well let me tell you, I ask that bar the same question? we went at it "mano a mano" . and today my body is asking me are you sure you won. my legs feel like I climb the stairs all day. haha.

Comment

• bird 60
                Super-Experienced
                • Mar 18 2009

Way to go Randy, keep up the good work.

Chris.....From OZ.

Comment

• Randy
                  Experienced
                  • Dec 21 2015

maby this will work
                  ............................................................ ................
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fV3lmy-mzQ0 ............................................................ ............................................................ ............................................................ .thats a link to a video from the small part of the other day. ..................................................I'm not having a good upload speed in the new place, and I forgot how to post video.! [IMG]DSC03908 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] it is riding(sitting) high with new front springs.[IMG]DSC03916 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG]

Comment

• Randy
                    Experienced
                    • Dec 21 2015

home now for some jack get back to it.
                    click on pic. short video

Straighten out by Randy harsha, on Flickr

Comment

• scumdog
                      Super-Experienced

• May 12 2006

Well done Randy and great that Dave can help you.

You remind me of myself with all that thrashing around and huffing an grunting, ah the delights of getting older!!

Oh and your 'workshop' is not that dissimilar to mine - but I guess is yours will be warmer.
                      A Thunderbirder from the Land of the Long White Cloud.

Comment

• DKheld
                        Super-Experienced
                        • Aug 27 2008

" and today my body is asking me are you sure you won? "

I know the feeling exactly - glad to hear Dave came to the rescue and you guys worked it out. Always a lot of fun to read your posts and even better when you win and the car gets fixed!

Eric

Comment

• Randy
                          Experienced
                          • Dec 21 2015

this is sure makes it a lot more fun when you have help! and
                          someone to tell, and you watch someone project come in focus , (not mine) LOL. A big high five to you Squares.

Comment

• Dan Leavens
                            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Randy glad all worked out and we are all very lucky to have a mentor in Dave Dare and call upon his experience.
                            That is why I have always said this is the best TBird site on the planet
                            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
                            Thunderbird Registry
                            58HT #33317
                            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• Randy
                              Experienced
                              • Dec 21 2015

Originally posted by Dan Leavens
                              Randy glad all worked out and we are all very lucky to have a mentor in Dave Dare and call upon his experience.
                              That is why I have always said this is the best TBird site on the planet
                              Yes indeed. Dave Dare has a way that is like no other, he always make you feel well, and can paint you a picture with a story .

Comment

• Randy
                                Experienced
                                • Dec 21 2015

wheel well height and how your ride

i have noticed a very wide set of ans.from the Square front was 12-13-14-15 and all correct,
                                but I' have'nt got my new rear leaf yet, so i ask hows you ride? and whats are measuring? .old leaf................[IMG]20171031_150807 by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] my bottom old and sagy 6, 1/8. the .............................................front is
                                ....................................16 1/2. there new from Eaton...............
                                ..........................................thinking of getting the leafs here.....[IMG]Screenshot_2017-10-16-18-55-29.png by Randy harsha, on Flickr[/IMG] and t dont know why my lines dont stay put,

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎