another question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

another question

Hey guys,

I'm getting the car back soon, and have purchased the trunk liner to install when I get it back. I am also looking at the inside door panels. It looks like when the guy took the driver's side off to reconnect the metal side deco plates (which he never did so I had to) he let it sufer some water damage. Ok.. long explinations, but I was looking at Mac's and the Bird's nest for replacement ones. Any recomendations on which dealer is better if there is one that is better or any other suggestions on where to find parts?

Thanks

Shari
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

another question

Hi Shari! How did ya come out on the radio situation? Talking with Don at the Bird Nest and others, most of the Tbird auto parts places all get their parts from the same vendors in many cases. Often, for a particular part or parts, there is only one manufacturer or just a few. A good example is seat foams. They all get theirs from our Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird, who makes them for all the vendors. So, in many cases, it does not matter much who you order from, they came from the same manufacturer or manufacturers. In the case of seat covers and door panels, there might be more than one. But I would suggest you go with the one that gives you the best price, because it will probably be the same panel regardless of which one you order from.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Radio/question

Originally posted by YellowRose
      Hi Shari! How did ya come out on the radio situation? Talking with Don at the Bird Nest and others, most of the Tbird auto parts places all get their parts from the same vendors in many cases. Often, for a particular part or parts, there is only one manufacturer or just a few. A good example is seat foams. They all get theirs from our Jed Zimmerman ~ Ca58tbird, who makes them for all the vendors. So, in many cases, it does not matter much who you order from, they came from the same manufacturer or manufacturers. In the case of seat covers and door panels, there might be more than one. But I would suggest you go with the one that gives you the best price, because it will probably be the same panel regardless of which one you order from.
      Ray;

I found a radio on ebay for $50.00 orginal plate and black back. So I'm taking it to the guy in Waterford WI to have new guts put in it, but so it look orginal. I will give the review of this vendor and maybe some video of how he does his stuff to report back to you guys. He seem very up and up and has been very helpful so far.

Good to know about the parts places, I have worked with Chevy part places before but not T-Bird stuff so was just checking on the vendors and to see if there was a better one out there!

Thanks for all your help!

Shari

Comment

• YellowRose
        Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

another questions

Hi Shari, Thanks for the update. Yes, we would like to have a report on the guy in Waterford. That would be great! As for our Tbird parts vendors, we have some really great vendors to choose from. I just happen to be partial to Bob's Bird House in Delaware, and Don and the guys at the Bird Nest in Oregon. They have been very helpful, but the same thing can be said for the other vendors also. Bob's Bird House, and the Bird Nest have parts cars to pull parts from. Carl ~ partsetal, here on the Forum also has Squarebird parts cars and is great to work with. So if you need something, contact him. You can catch him on the Forum a lot or send him a Private Message and let him know what you are looking for. Glad to have you with us! Good luck on working on your Tbird. Email me some pictures of what she is looking like when ya get her back. BTW, what did you name her? Or is it him?

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

Her name

Hi Shari, Thanks for the update. Yes, we would like to have a report on the guy in Waterford. That would be great! As for our Tbird parts vendors, we have some really great vendors to choose from. I just happen to be partial to Bob's Bird House in Delaware, and Don and the guys at the Bird Nest in Oregon. They have been very helpful, but the same thing can be said for the other vendors also. Bob's Bird House, and the Bird Nest have parts cars to pull parts from. Carl ~ partsetal, here on the Forum also has Squarebird parts cars and is great to work with. So if you need something, contact him. You can catch him on the Forum a lot or send him a Private Message and let him know what you are looking for. Glad to have you with us! Good luck on working on your Tbird. Email me some pictures of what she is looking like when ya get her back. BTW, what did you name her? Or is it him?

As always you are a true help! My mother was a very strong woman and looked alot like Marlyn Monroe....and always had a smile to share with anyone. Her name was Viola... Vi for short..

My car is a strong, classic just like my Mom was.... Her name is Vi....short for Viola.... Varoom.. Viola

Shari

Comment

• YellowRose
            Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

another question

Hi Shari, We are glad to help. You will find a lot of help here. I see you have named your Tbird. Your Mom had to be very beautiful then, if she looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe. She probably lit up the room every time she walked in a room with that smile. You picked a good name for her, Viola or Vi-Varoom! That Tbird will certainly do that when you get her all fixed up where you want her.

If any of us can help further, just post away in the Squarebirds Forum and we will be glad to do so. Do you have her registered in the Tbird Registry? I don't remember if you said or not. You can do so by going to our Technical Resource Library and going down in the Historical section underneath the Big Fords and you will find it. You will need your VIN # and Data Plate information. The idea behind the Tbird Registry is to get every known surviving, parted out, or crushed Tbird recorded so we have some history on them and know their status. You can also register her directly on John Rotella's website (he is a member of our Forum here also) at www.tbirdregistry.com

Comment

Another option ...

is to take your existing panels to a local upholstery shop if the metal trim is good. Mike

Comment

• YellowRose
                Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

another question

Mike gave you a good suggestion also. When I had Rose's interior redone, my door panels pieces were the originals. One panel was broken in about three or four places. One of my arm rests was also broken up. My interior guy made new ones out of stiff cardboard that he uses for parts like that. He rebuilt the broken arm rest also. Then he recovered it all with yellow and white material. The one thing I lack though is the honeycomb effect that my '59 door panels had at the bottom. I did not mind that though because my interior was not going to be an original interior anyway when he finished it. I don't recall if the '58 has that same honeycomb effect at the bottom of the door panels. It might be that a good interior man can fix or replace that door panel without having to order a new one. It certainly would be a good idea to check that you. You might be able to save some money.

Comment

registered

Hi Shari, We are glad to help. You will find a lot of help here. I see you have named your Tbird. Your Mom had to be very beautiful then, if she looked a lot like Marilyn Monroe. She probably lit up the room every time she walked in a room with that smile. You picked a good name for her, Viola or Vi-Varoom! That Tbird will certainly do that when you get her all fixed up where you want her.

If any of us can help further, just post away in the Squarebirds Forum and we will be glad to do so. Do you have her registered in the Tbird Registry? I don't remember if you said or not. You can do so by going to our Technical Resource Library and going down in the Historical section underneath the Big Fords and you will find it. You will need your VIN # and Data Plate information. The idea behind the Tbird Registry is to get every known surviving, parted out, or crushed Tbird recorded so we have some history on them and know their status. You can also register her directly on John Rotella's website (he is a member of our Forum here also) at www.tbirdregistry.com
                  Yes, I got it set up on the registry so that she is counted for.!

Comment

Car

Well, all great ideas and I just found out that the car is done and I can pick it up Friday! I'm so excited!

I will really take a good look at the door panels, maybe they do just need to be touched up. I will take plenty of pictures and find out how to post them!

Shari

Comment

• YellowRose
                      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

another question

Shari, as a Paid Member, you can post pictures directly on the server. Down below this box that you type in to post or answer comments you will find there are additional options available to you as a Paid Member. One of them is Manage Attachments. It allows you to upload attachments to the server, and tells you the size limits for the various file formats. Put your pix in the Our Rides Forum for all to see. I am glad you are getting her back. Check out seeing if that door panel can be repaired instead of replaced. You might be able to save some money.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎