No announcement yet.

Newby Here! Heater Core question

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newby Here! Heater Core question

Hey, guys I am new here. I have been asked to sell a 60 Bird for some friends. Been sitting in storage for a long time. I want to make sure it as saleable as possible, and the heater hoses have been cut from the heater core and re-routed to the engine. My question is, how hard is it to change the heater core? Does it come out through the interior side or the motor side, and, are there some good instructions somewhere that I can get to follow?
    I am trying to decide the best way to sell this car for these folks.
    It is a good running and pretty old car. Just a few bugs to work out.
    I would appreciate any assistance.
    Thanks!
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Newby Here! Heater Core question

The removal of the heater core is not that difficult. It is removed from the inside of the car. You will need to remove the glovebox to get to it.

I will try to post some detailed instructions by Monday.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

• Alexander
      Webmaster
      • Oct 30 2002

RE: Newby Here! Heater Core question

These are the instructions from the 1960 Shop Manual:

[ol][li]Drain the radiator and disconnect the heater hoses at the heater core

[li]Remove the heater control trim panel and the right extension of this trim panel

[li]Remove the plenum air valve Bowden Cable, remove the five plenum to heater core housing screws and remove the plenum.

[li]Disconnect the temperature control cable form the thermostat, remove the three core mounting screws and remove the core.

[li]Remove the thermostat water valve form the old heater core and install it on the new heater core with a new rubber gasket.

[li]Mount the core assembly in the core housing, and attach and adjust the thermostat control cable.

[li]Install the plenum chamber, attach the defroster coupling hoses, and attach and adjust the plenum air valve control cable.

[li]Install the heater control trim panel and extension.

[li]Attach the heater hoses to the heater core, and fill the radiator.[/ol]

Alexander
      1959 Hardtop
      1960 Golde Top
      Alexander
      1959 Hard Top
      1960 Golde Top
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢