X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 57ford/60thunderbird
    Experienced
    • May 4 2009

going to vist 2 squarebirds in a junkyard

hey all im going to go to a junkyard this saturday it has 2 sqarebirds in it they have prolly been in the yard for the better part of 20 years so theres just small items left glass, trim type stuff mainly

one is a black 59 convert poor thing looks like someone just drove it into the yard and parked it and forgot about it

the other is an aqua colored hardtop cant remember the year on it it appearently got in a fight with a pole or tree and lost (its also pretty picked over)

im gonna get the info off them incase john at the registry wants it and hopefully score a few parts for mine and of course i will take pics of them if you want to see them

the reason im posting this is to see if anyone here would like me to check the cars for something they may need if so tell me and ill see what i can find
    57 ford sedan
    60 thunderbird registry number 33404
    69 mustang coupe
    69 roadrunner
  • Penelope
    Super-Experienced
    • Mar 4 2008

Hi Keith, I need the small cowl around where the windscreen wiper is attached and the nuts / spacers etc on the end of the wiper spindle and am having trouble finding them. If you were willing to post to Oz, I will certainly pay you for your trouble.
    sigpicBill
    Thunderbird Registry 21903 & 33405

Comment

Hey Keith,
      If you have time. Look in the convertible, underneath the radio. I need the map light mounting plate, light and switch if possible.

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
        Experienced
        • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Penelope
        Hi Keith, I need the small cowl around where the windscreen wiper is attached and the nuts / spacers etc on the end of the wiper spindle and am having trouble finding them. If you were willing to post to Oz, I will certainly pay you for your trouble.
        ok let me make sure i understand what your needing you mean the little pot metal bezels the wiper pivots poke through and all the attaching nuts etc? or do you need the whole cowl panel? i dont mind shipping to oz but i hear it takes a LOOOng time to get there
        57 ford sedan
        69 mustang coupe
        69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
          Experienced
          • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Richard D. Hord
          Hey Keith,
          If you have time. Look in the convertible, underneath the radio. I need the map light mounting plate, light and switch if possible.
          ill see what i can find

i think the hardtop in the yard is a 58 i have pics of both of them i took like 7-10 years ago or so ill try to scan them and post them tonight
          57 ford sedan
          69 mustang coupe
          69 roadrunner

Comment

• GTE427
            Super-Experienced
            • Oct 9 2007

I have several request on the 59 convert since you offered, the easy ones first:

1) Trunk relay, most likely in the engine bay near the opening for the antenne, could also be to the right of the glove box liner inside the car, mounted on the side beneath the windshield wrap around. See following post:
            Looking to sell some parts? Looking for a hard to find part? Check here! (***eBay or other auction ads are allowed on this forum only.***)

2) Keyed trunk release --push button-- , under dash to the left on the steering column. Next to the E Brake handle See following post #14

3) Top control switch, located in the trunk, on inner driver side fender

4) Trunk emblem, the birds tail feathers are not hinged as the trunk was electrically operated from under the dash, no key cylinder like the HT's

5) Trunk release solenoids, see link with item 2 #14

Now the harder items:

6) Any wiring harnesses associated with the switches, relay etc, may not be feasible depending on how complete the car is. If harnesses are cut, not as interested, would like to use for template to get reproduced.

7) Trunk lid hinges.

Please look at the condition of the trunk lid, package tray on the trunk lid and package tray on the top frame. Not sure what is remaining.

What ever you're able to round up would be appreciated. Please grab any nuts, bolts, clips, hardware with anything removed. I'll PM you my cell number for any questions. Thanks again!
            Ken
            1959 J Convertible
            1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• Coral
              Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Yes, yes...pix and vin/dataplate info!!

oh, BTW... John's e-addy is not underscored:

john@tbirdregistry.com

just copy and paste....

Comment

If you have time......
                I need a curved piece of interior trim that goes between the dash and windshield on the drivers side. If in doubt I will take all the dash trim that goes next to the windshield. Hardware that goes with it would be nice too!

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                  Experienced
                  • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Colo66
                  If you have time......
                  I need a curved piece of interior trim that goes between the dash and windshield on the drivers side. If in doubt I will take all the dash trim that goes next to the windshield. Hardware that goes with it would be nice too!
                  do you mean the small piece that has two screws holding it in place?
                  57 ford sedan
                  69 mustang coupe
                  69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                    Experienced
                    • May 4 2009

ok heres the pic of the 59 convert remember this picture was taken 7-10 years ago the car has sat the same way ever since (and who knows how long before that) so ill check on all the stuff listed but i wouldnt hold my breath on most of it

57 ford sedan
                    69 mustang coupe
                    69 roadrunner

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                      Experienced
                      • May 4 2009

heres the hardtop 58 i believe again this car has been like this for atleast 7-10 years prolly more like 15 when i go saturday i WILL take better updated pics

57 ford sedan
                      69 mustang coupe
                      69 roadrunner

Comment

Seeing these old Birds like this makes me cringe. Its a shame they meet there end sitting in a junk yard rotting away

Comment

• Penelope
                          Super-Experienced
                          • Mar 4 2008

Originally posted by 57ford/60thunderbird
                          ok let me make sure i understand what your needing you mean the little pot metal bezels the wiper pivots poke through and all the attaching nuts etc? or do you need the whole cowl panel? i dont mind shipping to oz but i hear it takes a LOOOng time to get there
                          Correct!, the little pot metal bezel and hardware is it! With USPS Priority it only takes 2 weeks and considering I am having trouble even locating one, I can wait that long!!!

I thank you for even looking Keith.
                          sigpicBill

Comment

• Penelope
                            Super-Experienced
                            • Mar 4 2008

With the list you have to look for, I was imagining what it would be like to see all our members with their tools let loose on a junker at the same time....it would be like a scene from an Alfred Hitchcock movie

Nothing left but parts of a shell......
                            sigpicBill

Comment

• 57ford/60thunderbird
                              Experienced
                              • May 4 2009

Originally posted by Penelope
                              Correct!, the little pot metal bezel and hardware is it! With USPS Priority it only takes 2 weeks and considering I am having trouble even locating one, I can wait that long!!!

I thank you for even looking Keith.
                              bill, no problem those little bezels shouldnt cost all that much to ship
                              also on a side note i just took these pieces off my car the otherday on my car all there was , was the pot metal and the chrome bezel that screws onto the wiper pivot maybe other cars are different but mine didnt have any spacers of any kind keith
                              57 ford sedan
                              69 mustang coupe
                              69 roadrunner

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍