X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rocketman62
    • Jul 10 2008

black tank in 62 enginebay

Stupid question no. 2.......
    there is a black tank on the left side of the engine bay with two inlets/outlets and nothing is attached to this tank., it is next to the waterbag...what is it, what does it do and if it is supposed to be connected to something....what????
  • tbird430
    Super-Experienced
    • Jun 18 2007

That is a vacuum reservoir. Someone will have to tell u where the lines run to/from as I only own a 1960 Bird...
    sigpic
    The 1960 Ford Thunderbird. The WORLD'S most wanted car....

VTCI Member#6287.

Comment

• Petrolhead
      Experienced
      • Jul 2 2007

I THINK it's to do with the air conditioning, but haven't checked my '62. There should be a diagram in your 62 workshop manual and I'm pretty sure it's in the air conditioning section.
      Hop tip - if you want to remove it for any reason soak the two nuts under the front guard in WD40 or similar. The two bolts that are welded to the reservoir's mounting bracket are quite small, when I went to remove mine I tried to undo the nuts and both broke off part way down the thread (Duh!). I then had to drill out the brackets and use new nuts and bolts, a fiddly pain in the butt job.
      I'll have a look at mine tonight and let you know tomorrow (it's 9.00am Thursday here)
      Cheers
      Alistair

Comment

• Rocketman62
        • Jul 10 2008

tank

thanks guys.....

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢