X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Can You Help Lisa~kavook84, Please??

I know that a good number of you have looked at the post and pictures of Lisa's Dad's '60 Tbird that she has to sell. Would you please send her a PM and give her an indication of what you think would be a fair price for her to ask for it? Try to give her an idea of what the value of it is. She would be much appreciative and so would I. Thanks!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Coral
    Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

I had Coral on ebay starting bid at 850.00...or buy it now for 1200.00...I had 29 watchers, no bidders, I pulled the auction off the day before it ended, so she wouldn't experience any shame

Coral runs, drives, stops...needs work sure but, with out getting a personal touchy, looky see at this bird - its going to be very hard to suggest any price...

Is anyone here close enough to go check this bird out?

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Hi Cathie,

Thanks for responding. I much appreciate it. Yes, it is difficult to determine what to suggest to Lisa to ask for it. She could do what you did, put it on eBay or CraigsList and see what people bid for it. She might or might not have the same results you did. She lives in the Fresno area, as I recall.

Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

Comment

• bird 60
        Super-Experienced
        • Mar 18 2009

Looking at the condition that the Bird's in I would say it's more of a hinderence having it there. I would suggest $500 take it away. But then it's hard say without seeing it in person. My saying is, it's not what you buy something for but how much you're going to spend on it. A lot of us at times also forget our time running around, & fuel. If someone has the room, mechanical background & has a T.B. it would be good for spare parts.

Chris....From the Land of OZ.

Comment

• Coral
          Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Originally posted by YellowRose
          Hi Cathie,

Thanks for responding. I much appreciate it. Yes, it is difficult to determine what to suggest to Lisa to ask for it. She could do what you did, put it on eBay or CraigsList and see what people bid for it. She might or might not have the same results you did. She lives in the Fresno area, as I recall.
          Wouldn't be too bad of an idea to advertise, however, it needs cleaned up before more pix should be taken....

Comment

• Dan Leavens
            Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Chris vaild point on the $$$ to put into this car and also the time it would take to make it a survivor. I agree that it is a low production classic ( VIN # ) and that someone should restore her. Another idea would be donate it to a local technical high school and let them bring it back in their shop class
            Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
            Thunderbird Registry
            58HT #33317
            60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• RustyNCa
              Super-Experienced
              • May 31 2007

My point isn't going to be very good, but my 59 is about the same condition, see photos....

What he wanted for it... move a shed for him about 40 miles, which was from my town to his.

So really it was free other than the hour it took us to load the shed. If it wasn't so far to Fresno, I would be happy to haul it to my bone yard and store it next to the 59, but I'm not sure I would give her $500 for it, but to be fair I have yet to buy a squarebird, both mine were free haul them outa my yard deals....

Here is the car trailer with a storage shed on it.... was actually easy to do once we put our heads together.

Comment

I'd start at 500. It does have all the options for 60. Vacum it out and get a can of comet or ajax and scrub it down. Your not going to hurt anything. Who knows you might keep it.

Comment

• Coral
                  Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

Firstly, RustyNCA... OMG!
                  How long has that poor bird sat like that?

Secondly, I do not recommend using any abrasives at all, chrome, paint and interior will be damaged further than
                  they are now -

Chrome: Wash off with apple cider vinegar and water - a 1/2 cup per gallon, wipe areas off with a WD40 soaked rag for gloss in an pix, otherwise you can skip this step

Body, engine and Interior - ( after an attack with a shop vac )

Dawn dish soap ( about a 1/2 tablespoon per 5 gallon bucket )
                  rinse/wipe off with a solution of water and apple cider vinegar - about a cup of cider to a 5 gal. bucket

Comment

• RustyNCa
                    Super-Experienced
                    • May 31 2007

Originally posted by Coral
                    Firstly, RustyNCA... OMG!
                    How long has that poor bird sat like that?
                    Not really sure, but they stored it in an area that gets snow with the windows down. Guy i got the car from had owned the land for 8 years and the cars had been sitting on it since he bought the land. But on a bright note all the playboys they stored in the trunk seemed to be fine.

The motor I have yet to figure out what it is, my best guess someone threw in a 360 from a truck? Had a two barrel manifold on it. I should take some photos of what they did to the back shackles.

This is where and how the tbirds were sitting. I elected to only take the 59.

Comment

• GTE427
                      Super-Experienced
                      • Oct 9 2007

I see this car is now listed on ebay, and Ray has submitted it to the Registry. At number 242, it's the fifth lowest numbered car listed for the 1960 model year.
                      Ken
                      1959 J Convertible
                      1960 J Hardtop

Comment

• Coral
                        Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

wonder if she cleaned it up first or found the keys?

Comment

• YellowRose
                          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

She must have found the keys, because in one of the pix the tailights are lit up. Go to eBay and type in this Item #: 220441169873

Comment

• Coral
                            Super-Experienced

• Apr 3 2009

ok this is wierd......I did look at the auction last night, but there were no pix to be seen...
                            I can see them now...but the tail lights look very odd....

Comment

I looked at that pic also. I think it is a reflection of light from something else. The back up lights do not look like that until light hits them, that is the reflector in them, I believe, we are seeing.

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎