X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • del
    Retired Expert Enthusiast
    • May 11 2010

Question About Viewing Attached Pictures

Hi All - Do you have to be logged in as a registered member to view pictures that are attached to a posting? The reason I am asking is that I posted in the For Sale section "64 TBird For Sale In Buffalo NY Area" and attached some pictures. I then sent the owner of the car info about the posting, and he replied back that he could view the pictures. To help investigate his problem, I went onto my wife's computer to view the thread without signing in to the site and the pictures would not open. Is that how it's supposed to work?
    Regards,
    Don Vincent
    Amherst NY
    1960 HT 352
    TBird Registry 34042

Originally posted by del
    Hi All - Do you have to be logged in as a registered member to view pictures that are attached to a posting? ... Is that how it's supposed to work?
    Yes you are correct about having to log in as a member in order to view pictures.

Comment

• del
      Retired Expert Enthusiast
      • May 11 2010

Thanks Jed
      Regards,
      Don Vincent
      Amherst NY
      1960 HT 352
      TBird Registry 34042

Comment

• DKheld
        Super-Experienced
        • Aug 27 2008

Although I am a member another option is to use an external site to post your pictures and link to them in your post. That way both members and non-members can view the pics. (plus it saves server space on the Squarebirds site for other things like tech info and such!) I use dropshots - no affiliation - just happened to pick them.

Eric
        registry 5347

Example - this pic is on my dropshots site and should be visible whether you are logged in or not. (I hope that's the way it works)
        Last edited by DKheld; September 26, 2011, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• YellowRose
          Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Question About Viewing Attached Pictures

Eric, I love your clock! That is really cool!

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
          The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
          Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
          Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
          https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎