390 PCV tube

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stork

390 PCV tube

I'm sure there will be a few responses to this question so forgive me in advance if this topic has already been discussed, I have already asked this question on another site but was wondering if there are any drawings that someone may have available on this site:

At the rear of the intake manifold is a threaded hole which I think is supposed to house a portion of the PCV set up. Question is what are the parts that are needed to put this back into function, is there a diagram or some kind of photo to use a reference and are the parts readily available.

My dad passed away in May of this year and we've had the 62 bird since I was 17 (I am now 47) I had always told him to take care of this manifold matter but he never did, he has now left the vehicle in care of my 23 year old son and I. We would like to move forward with repairing any loose ends with the car.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
  • Ian M Greer
    Experienced
    • Jul 29 2010

PCV System

Stork, to find out all I think you will need check out www.tbirdgarage.com .Click on Jim Wulf's site, go to restoration go to the bottom there you will find a restoration on a PVC system. ( http://www.tbirdgarage.com/Site_2/Re...CV_System.html ) This should help you out. P/S-are you a member of SOTC. web site-www. sotbirdclub.org great club right in your backyard, hope this helps you out Ian .
    Last edited by JohnG; January 22, 2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: added links

Comment

• fordraised
      • Nov 27 2010

Thanks Ian, I see that guide. I have had the mechanic remove the carb to get rebuilt and have confirmed that the entire factory components are not there. This includes the adapter on the rear of the motor and also the PCV connection on the spacer seems to be a solid tube. Was this car set up for the PCV system or is missing alot of parts? If I'm missing parts, I'm pretty sure I can get a proper spacer for it, but what about the adapter?

Comment

• Ian M Greer
        Experienced
        • Jul 29 2010

Pvc System

Originally posted by fordraised
        Thanks Ian, I see that guide. I have had the mechanic remove the carb to get rebuilt and have confirmed that the entire factory components are not there. This includes the adapter on the rear of the motor and also the PCV connection on the spacer seems to be a solid tube. Was this car set up for the PCV system or is missing alot of parts? If I'm missing parts, I'm pretty sure I can get a proper spacer for it, but what about the adapter?
        Fordraised , you could try calling Mort White of our SOTC .Club at(519)862-2401 , also Martin Brugman at(519)583-3920 . If they can't help you I heard a gentlemen in Ohio has over 300 61-63 parts cars , his name is Bob Jursinski (440)967-7306 . I hope this helps you out , let me know how you make out . P/S that spacer plate is incorrect as the crankcase fumes should be reintroduced through the tube (not blocked of stub ) back into the intake manifold for reburning in the combustion chamber . Ian

Comment

• fordraised
          • Nov 27 2010

Thanks Ian. I will keep you posted

Comment

• fordraised
            • Nov 27 2010

At this point I have opted to leave the spacer plate in place only because I want to address other important issues with the car. I did locate (thanks to Mr. Wulf) a brand new factory Road Draft Tube from a vendor in Tampa. I'll install the tube for now and then shop around for the PCV components later in the year. My priority is to have the car running correctly and safely, then I can move on to other less important issues.
            Last edited by fordraised; January 29, 2011, 12:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Ian M Greer
              Experienced
              • Jul 29 2010

future considerations

Originally posted by fordraised
              At this point I have opted to leave the spacer plate in place only because I want to address other important issues with the car. I did locate (thanks to Mr. Wulf) a brand new factory Road Draft Tube from a vendor in Tampa. I'll install the tube for now and then shop around for the PCV components later in the year. My priority is to have the car running correctly and safely, then I can move on to other less important issues.
              Are you interested in attending spring tech day with the Southern Ontario Thunderbird Club in May, there is no cost involved and you would met a lot of great poeple (contacts for future resources , (Ian ) .

Comment

• fordraised
                • Nov 27 2010

Ian, check your e-mail.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍