Replacing seat skirts and heater core

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing seat skirts and heater core

Hi all

I have some replacement plastic seat skirts for my 61 and would like some advice on how to remove the circular chrome seat hinge covers. These have to be removed before the skirts can be taken off. I've had the driver's seat out to clean up the seat motor and took a good look but I don't want to damage anything.

Also, I have a new heater core and valve to install as mine is leaking and I've bypassed it for the present. I've read the manual and there are only 4 steps listed for the removal of the core. It doesn't look that simple to me. Naturally, removing the passenger's seat will give better access.

As always, your valued advice would be much appreciated.

Regards
    Mark

heater core

Mark after reviewing 62 shop manual 61 very close not many changes here does not look to horrible follow manual to the letter and yes when working in or around dash I always remove seats easier to lay down and streatch out than with seats my 63 is 20 miles away so caant help with seat trim good luck Jeff

Comment

• ozbird
      Apprentice
      • Sep 21 2009

Done Both

Hi Mark,

I have tackled both things on my 62'.

- seat skirts, you need one of those pick tools, like here http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/onl...om=80305#Cross

There will be a round clip holding the metal/chrome piece in place, you need to move the plastic apart and hook the tool in a pull it straight up and out. That's all.

- Heater core is a pig. If you have air like mine it is a saga, might be easier if you don't have aircon. All I can say is get ready to remove everything but the kitchen sink! If you want more details please respond, but you probably have done it by now!

Graeme

Comment

Hi Graeme

I tackled the seat skirts last weekend. My hinge covers were held in with a pin. Once I worked out what to do, it was no big deal. On the other hand, I've left the heater core because the weather is still warm and I've heard lots of horror stories.

So, any advice or tips would be much appreciated. The car does not have AC which is some bonus.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

• ozbird
          Apprentice
          • Sep 21 2009

look here for a starting point, my 62' with air is very similar to this one. Read the text as the cars without air are a little different they say.

Graeme

Comment

Thanks Graeme

I did a search on that forum but didn't find that posting. I'll print it off and use it as a reference. I can see that this will take some time.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎