No announcement yet.

1960 bird,75%restored-for sale

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

1960 bird,75%restored-for sale

I have a nice red and white '60 bird that i have been restoring over the last 2 years. The entire suspension front and rear has been done,The original engine was pulled out and professionally rebuilt,while that was being done,the entire engine bay was restored and painted the original color the car is to be up to the hoodline.the trans is strong and was rebuilt in the early ninties,but only has less than 5k mi. on it. the engine has only approx. 600 mi. on it.It is a 352 4v(300) HP. the interior is nice,but it was done in the early 90's as well and the front driver side need reupholstery,so a pair would do it. All this car needs to be finished is: Paint job(body only),fresh hood ornaments,a little tlc in the interior(seats),and soft rubber weatherstripping for and around doors/windows. This has electric windows which all work well. The bumpers on the good are nice,and better than most. It is all original and all there,just needs to be taken all the way. My interests have changed(all ford though) and so i am willing to part with her to the right buyer.I want this car to go to someone who really appreciates these peices of art from a bygone era,and will do the right thing. She is a thrill to drive and you cant go anywhere without a bunch of thumbs up and lots of coversation. Even with the original paint,10 footer,people still say its a bueaty. I have a lot of sweat and money in her but will part for the best offer over 13,500.00
    Thanks for looking at this and pix can be emailed to all who are interested. This car is NOT on ebay,and i dont want to sell it that way,like i said,i want a dedicated bird person to take her!
    Glenn
    arcticnuman@hotmail.com
  • Dan Leavens
    Moderator / Administrator

• Oct 4 2006

Glenn sounds like a good investment for a T-Bird enthusiast to
    complete the restoration. I went on to your user profile and you haven't installed where you are located. What part of the country are you in, as it might help zero in the potential buyers of the bird.

Dano Calgary,Alberta Canada
    Thunderbird Registry
    58HT #33317
    60 HT (Sold )

Comment

• frank58
      Super-Experienced
      • May 28 2006

well a 907 area code is Alaska... and judging by the e-mail address that would be my guess..... Since I'm on the east coast thats a little out of my "stomping grounds" .....

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Frank I never thought of the 907 as an area code.
        Even up here in Calgary, Alaska is a long way as well.

Thunderbird Registry
        58HT #33317
        60 HT (Sold )

Comment

Frank why don't you swing down to Kentucky pick me up we can buy a tent,Hot dogs and blankets go North pick-up Dan and take a trip to Alaska and bring the T-Bird back when we sell the car we can split the profits with Dan
          Bob M

Comment

• frank58
            Super-Experienced
            • May 28 2006

Now that is indeed a plan...... I usually pass right through Kentucky when I cruise out to Alaska from Connecticut anyway. I already have a tent so just pack up them hot dogs and Dan can supply some good 'ole Canadian beer! We can bring some root beer along and I'll pick up Alexander on the way too.
            Now I'll just go tell my wife.... she can't shoot me on fathers day.

Comment

this squarebird is in Pa.-not alaska

Hello, to all who may be interested,this car is in Pa.,as am i! The "907glenn" thing is a handle i came up with while living in alaska. I have relocated to where all my cars are,and thats mount joy Pa. I unfortunately,do no longer have the time or desire to keep going on this car,my focus has changed to pure muscle! That and my lady freind have parted,so i too must part with this cool ride. Its been a hard decision to make,but im looking to sell her. I am negotiable on the price listed in the original ad,and can send pix via email to anyone interested. Thanks, Glenn L.

Comment

60 bird

Lets bump TTT

Comment

• Dan Leavens

• Oct 4 2006

Frank58 / BobM

Well guys there goes your road trip and I would absolutely supply the beer if you ever come up this way.

Sorry to here about your decision 907 and hope you get what you are asking for it.

Thunderbird Registry
                  58HT #33317
                  60 HT (Sold )

Comment

60 bird still for sale

Hello all, still have this bird for sale here in lancaster county Pa., I really need to make room for another car,and so ive lowered the price and am open to all offers. Pix can be seen on craigslist in Pa.,just search for 60 thunderbird and it will come up,also have many other pix i can email to all who's interested. Have put in a pertronix set up recently and what a diff those make over points! You can email me for any info or pix at: arcticnuman@hotmail.com
                    I really want a "bird enthusiast" to get this car,as it deserves to be finished properly. I might have to go ebay soon though,i'd really rather not.

Glenn L.

Comment

Working...
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎