No announcement yet.

Power Sunroof

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Power Sunroof

A friend and I just removed the motor,switch and gears from a power sunroof and were wondering how many were power operated. Do we need the cables that attach to the sunroof?
  • Alexander
    Webmaster
    • Oct 30 2002

RE: Power Sunroof

Golde did make power oeprated sunroofs, but the ones installed in 1960 Thunderbirds were all manual as it is known.

If you have a seventies era Thunderbird, the sunroof is a rare option http://automotivemileposts.com/tbird...equipment.html .

What year Thunderbird do you have? Please post pictures of the car and the sunroof.

Alexander
    1959 Hardtop
    1960 Golde Top
    Alexander
    1959 Hard Top
    1960 Golde Top
    sigpic

Comment

The sunroof is in a 1960 Tbird. It looks like a factory installation. There is a small motor mounted above the sunvisor that operate cables that go down the sides of the sunroof opening and attach to the sunroof. The switch that operates the motor is mounted on the right windshield moulding in front of a vacuum operated switch that looks like it might be for the windshield washer. The car is in a salvage yard. I have the data plate. I can get pictures of what is left of the car if you are interested.
      Paul

Comment

• Rockin Kev
        Experienced
        • Oct 31 2002

Paul
        I am very interested in purchasing this power motor option, are you able to strip out the wires and all the parts that are avalible on this sunroof and sell it to me please?
        As Alex has mentioned Golde did make power Sunroofs as i have seen them in the past but never a power one on the Thunderbird.
        The explination of the first keeper having a fully loaded Tbird does make sense.
        Thank You
        Kevin 60 Golde Top.

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎