X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • simplyconnected
    Administrator
    • May 26 2009

Originally posted by Deanj
    I like my power drum brakes. These seem adequate for normal driving as long as you know your limitations...
    ...However, it seems you can upgrade disc brakes with better rotors and pads, but drum brakes are limited to their design and lack of further development...
    Drum brakes WERE quite adequate when everyone else had them too, and so were bias ply tires. Drivers had enough respect and courtesy for others, to put 'car lengths' of space according to their speed.

Not any more. Try giving a couple car lengths in today's rush hour traffic. By today's standards, classic brakes were weak but their horns were monsters. Now you know why.

Power disk brakes are amazing. They make your classic car stop just like a modern car. I have never heard of a single owner who went back to drums. The Squarebird retrofit could be easier (and it is for other cars). This change is one of the best moves you could make for yourself, your family and your car. It is well worth it. - Dave
    Member, Sons of the American Revolution

CLICK HERE to see my custom hydraulic roller 390 FE build.

"We've got to pause and ask ourselves: How much clean air do we need?"
    --Lee Iacocca

Comment

• bygrace
      Experienced
      • Jul 27 2015

Cool day today, and going to be hot later, so got new shoes in with the self-adjusters according to the tips and info (part #s) provided here. Probably got the most help from the pictures. Oops, AND my wife. After all, it's her car. Thanks again. Mike

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎