X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • YellowRose
    Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Brushwolf's '62 Bulletbird

Mike sent me some pix and comments about his '62 Bulletbird he just picked up. Here is what he had to say.

I have offers on a 59 and a 60 that are within a couple hundred miles of me.

I spent several hours with the 62 today and it is growing on me though. Had to take off those awful hubcaps and I installed a set of 68 Mustang factory chromed wheels with near new Coker wide white radials that I picked up from a buddy for $200. Looks decent to me..

He is going to have to replace the battery tray. And he will do a disk brake complete conversion, suspension rebuild. Gotta get the air working again too. 😢 Maybe have to use the rebuilt 69 390 if the original motor runs worse than the 89k on the speedometer might indicate, or I won't have the money left to buy the 59 or 60.

Here are the pix of the '62!
    Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
    The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
    Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
    Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
    https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html
  • Brushwolf
    Experienced
    • Jul 18 2015

Yep, needs motor, main bearings out though runs..

Have to either rebuild a 67 TBird 390 engine I recently picked up or use a 69 Galaxie 390 on engine stand that should be ready to go, but I had intended to use in a 61 Sunliner awaiting resurrection. Seller said the TBird ran but ticked.. Quite a tick and no oil pressure.. Inconvenient, would have bought it even if he said engine was shot as body is always my main concern.

Probably have CM gone through too for reliability sake, but curious if anyone has installed an OD automatic in one of these behind an FE, since I tend to drive freeways as much as around town?

Brake pedal went from full up all the way to the floor without touching it when motor started. Never seen that before...

Comment

• Brushwolf
      Experienced
      • Jul 18 2015

1968 10.5 stock Merc 390 in to machine shop today

Picked up another motor and tore it down over the weekend. I have some questions about using stock 10.5 replacement Pistons over on FE engine section. Thanks, Mike

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎