X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hamish
    • Oct 19 2015

trunk lock on 58-60 convertible

Hi
    Could someone tell me how the key lock on the convertible unlocks the boot latch manually. If it does at all....

I could see how it could work if there was some wires from the manual key to the releases on each side but but i have not seen this on any cars in photos.

I was thinking it could do it with cables as well for manual release but again i can not see this in the photo so i am at a lose on how it works originally.

I am not sure they ever had it but if not how do you open it if you have a electrical issue?

Regards
    Hamish
    1958 Thunderbird Convertible.

sigpic
  • jopizz
    Super-Experienced

• Nov 23 2009

There is no manual key lock. The emblem on the trunk lid is fixed and has no lock in it. The only way to unlock the trunk if there is an electrical failure is to drill access holes in the wheel wells and use a long screw driver to manually move the solenoid levers. The shop manual gives instructions on where to drill the holes.

John
    John Pizzi - Squarebirds Administrator

Thunderbird Registry #36223
    jopizz@squarebirds.org 856-779-9695

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• Hamish
      • Oct 19 2015

Thanks alot.

That explains everything and i am rather happy as i thought i was missing some more parts.

Regards
      Hamish.
      1958 Thunderbird Convertible.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍