View Single Post
Old 09-04-2010, 12:28 AM
Super-Experienced and a HELLOFA nice guy

YellowRose is on a distinguished road
Default Yellow Rose - A Garage Queen??

Thanks for all the comments! No, I don't think they will let anyone near that car except the owner, and the lead mechanics anymore! Yesterday, when they had to push her into the bay to check her out, they put on rubber gloves or grabbed big towels to put over the paint or chrome before they started pushing her. The shop manager put on rubber gloves to get behind the wheel to steer her in. Of course, she has her work seat covers in place while she is there.

As for the battery, I think it is an Interstate. I really don't remember for sure. It is the battery that we put in her on the way back from Mississippi nearly 3 years ago when the car died on us in western Houston. The battery was not being charged and it ran down and had to be replaced. That battery has not see a lot of use considering that Rose has spent most of those nearly three years in one shop or another being worked on and restored. What is it about a battery that might have caused this? They are going to send the Bendix back just as they found it when they got it to work on. That was a new output drive shaft they put in about a year ago when the starter had to be rebuilt. Hopefully I will get it back in time to go to another car show this next weekend.

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
'59 Tbird "The Yellow Rose Of Texas" aka "Tweety Bird"
"It's Hip To Be Square"
Thunderbird Registry #33025 VTCI #11178

rayclark07"at"att.net (Home) 210-674-5781 (Cell) 210-875-1411
http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm