X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Restifier52
    Experienced
    • Jul 26 2011

Cable Clip

Hi everyone! Long time no post. I have my car back now sporting manual rack and pinion steering. I'm putting it back together and I was wondering if anyone could post a photo of the firewall where the hood release cable is being held by those clips. Thanks.

Rick
    1960 HT
    Thunderbird Registry #35780
  • Tbird1044
    Super-Experienced
    • Jul 31 2012

I'm not 100% sure of what your are looking for. I had some pics of my hood latch, but they don't show the cable retaining clips.
    As I recall, the hood cables are the same cables used for your heating and air ducts. The metal shielded cable is compressed, and held in place, at the hood latch. I don't remember any retention at the firewall, just a rubber grommet where it passes through. I may be able to find a picture that shows the clip for the heating and air cables if that would help. Let me know.
    Nyles

Comment

• DKheld
      Super-Experienced
      • Aug 27 2008

Don't think my garage lights would be good enough for a pic but here are some old ones I had on dropshots - maybe they will help?

(probably not exactly correct either because I added the A/C to my non-A/C car - but anyway - here they are)

Eric

Comment

• Restifier52
        Experienced
        • Jul 26 2011

Thanks Eric. That's what I was looking for.
        Rick
        1960 HT
        Thunderbird Registry #35780

Comment

• sidewalkman
          Super-Experienced
          • Sep 14 2015

Hey Eric

What's your master cylinder off of?

Scott
          South Delta, BC, Canada
          1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
          Red Leather Interior!
          www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
          Thunderbird Registry #61266
          http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm

Comment

• DKheld
            Super-Experienced
            • Aug 27 2008

Rick - no problem on the pics - glad it helped

Scott - that's part of my front disc conversion I did about 13 or so years ago.
            I think asked for a 75 Tbird or maybe Mustang master cyl when I bought it - just wanted some type of master cyl that was Disc/Drum.
            Probably need to think about replacing it since it's been on there more than 13 years now.
            All my old info on part numbers I used are packed away from a recent move. I'll see if I can dig out the info as far as a part number....... but don't hold your breath.
            The booster is an original '60 Tbird booster with the front part exchanged with a later Lincoln booster. Those two boosters are exactly the same except the Lincoln has the two studs so that you can install a modern Disc/Drum master cyl. Power Brake Booster Exchange (aka Booster Dewy) did the conversion for me back in 2004.
            Still working perfectly although on the down side the cost back in 2004 was $311 but that was a straight purchase of a rebuilt and converted unit as I wanted to keep my original one so it included a core charge.

Let me know if you need any other info.

Eric

Comment

• DKheld
              Super-Experienced
              • Aug 27 2008

Couple of other pics

The stamping numbers on the end are 62101 and 1560 - can't read the other? Those numbers don't really seem to cross to any master cyl of the 70's era that I found but I'll keep looking for my info.

Edit..
              Found it.
              Master Cylinder was ordered for a '77 Lincoln Mark V with the 460.
              Part #: 10-1603 Line: BHH
              Last edited by DKheld; June 11, 2018, 09:00 PM. Reason: Found the part #

Comment

• sidewalkman
                Super-Experienced
                • Sep 14 2015

Thanks Eric!
                Scott
                South Delta, BC, Canada
                1960 White T-Bird, PS, PB that's it
                Red Leather Interior!
                www.squarebirds.org/users/sidewalkman
                Thunderbird Registry #61266
                http://www.squarebirds.org/picture_g...ibrary/trl.htm