Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • A390GT
    • Aug 16 2013

Pcjr
    Any pics of your setup? I can't see how you made it fit with headers on a 352?

I talked to Pedro and I think I'm sending the kit back and I'm going to resuscitate the power ram setup with a tilt column

Comment

• YellowRose
      Super-Experienced

• Jan 21 2008

Steering box swap?

Here is what A390GT said and the pix he sent to me to post.

This kit is not working out . To say the least...this is what I sent Pedro at abs today. You can post it if you want. John-

Pedro,
      These are the pics of the power steering box of the 1960 thunderbird As I described to you on the phone today

Original bolt holes didn't work. the Scribe marks are how the holes line up on frame to the box that clears the exhaust manifold with less than a 1/4 of an inch

The box is too long the universal pushes the Column back inside the firewall to where the trans shift linkage won't work . The box looks like it's touching exhaust but it's lower by 1/4 inch

Box is on frame but lower and under factory exhaust

This is the old box with tilt column I'd have to send it to you to have the original long shaft cut down

I'd like to send you back the complete kit. That way we can start from scratch. Let me know as soon as possible, Thanks,
      John
      Attached Files

Ray Clark - Squarebirds Administrator
      The Terminator..... VTCI #11178 ITC #6000 Yellow Mustang Registry (YMR) #12188
      Contact me via Private Message for my email address, or Call (Cell) 210-875-1411

https://www.squarebirds.org/picture_gallery/TechnicalResourceLibrary/trl.htm
      Faye's Ovarian Cancer Memorial Website.
      https://faye.rayclark.info/index.html

Comment

• pcjr
        Apprentice
        • Aug 27 2012

Originally posted by A390GT
        Pcjr
        Any pics of your setup? I can't see how you made it fit with headers on a 352?

I talked to Pedro and I think I'm sending the kit back and I'm going to resuscitate the power ram setup with a tilt column
        I will look thru my photos tomorrow and see what I have. Yes I have fpa headers with an fe block (390) and while there isnt an abundance of clearance I would say that there is at least 1/2" to 3/4". If you phone ABS again, ask them if what they sent you are the same components they sent to Troy at Hollywood Hot Rods. They did the installation on my '60.

Comment

• A390GT
          • Aug 16 2013

Hey, PCjr,
          Thanks any pics would be great....I sat and looked at it for a while and tried every which way to get it to fit in the stock configuration. You must have done a lot of "massaging" to get it to fit...
          Are you the same Troy from tv? I'd love to work on one of those shows one day...

John-
          Today show Steadicam -

Comment

• A390GT
            • Aug 16 2013

Pulling the plug on the box swap. I'm sending all the power ram parts out for a rebuild. I cut down the long shaft on the steering box to an inch+ so it can be adapted to my tilt column.
            Probably what I should have done 2 months ago...
            Live and learn...

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎